• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Amplifier Mounting Boards

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Also, I understand you want it to look awesome but who ever looks at your amps?? Just make sure everything is wired correctly and sufficient. I could care less if it is the best looking board as long as it works and you can rock out.

SierraWhiskey

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It's 23.25" by 12"
@Chip F. thank you for the offer. I finally found one on Amazon that didn't cost more to ship then the board itself. It should arrive tomorrow I'm hoping. I appreciate it though. It will be interesting to figure out how I'll get my big ass in there to mount it. I guess I'll start eating salads starting tomorrow.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Marineply from menards and carpet from previousboxes back in the day. Made a window where the amp sits so air flows around it
20160720_173331.jpg
Photo is the only one i could find in 30 seconds

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Question for you all. If you were going to mount 5 amps to a board, what size thickness would you go for? Also are you all carpeting the teflon cutting boards? Seems the Teflon boards are a cheap alternative route to take and I will be doing that soon as I'm trying to add more amps and move my current setup.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Question for you all. If you were going to mount 5 amps to a board, what size thickness would you go for? Also are you all carpeting the teflon cutting boards? Seems the Teflon boards are a cheap alternative route to take and I will be doing that soon as I'm trying to add more amps and move my current setup.
I wouldn't carpet as the carpet collects dirt and gives mold somewhere to grow. Can always carpet it if u put holes in wrong places

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
IMG_3452.JPG The board thickness will depend on the span between mounting hardware. I used 3/4 for this project. 1/2 may have done it but I ordered one piece and also made speaker mounting rings from it. 3/4 allowed for all of those holes to be lined up and for great ss sheet metal screw bite for the items mounted to the board. Pilot holes will help a lot too.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
View attachment 64092 The board thickness will depend on the span between mounting hardware. I used 3/4 for this project. 1/2 may have done it but I ordered one piece and also made speaker mounting rings from it. 3/4 allowed for all of those holes to be lined up and for great ss sheet metal screw bite for the items mounted to the board. Pilot holes will help a lot too.
Nice looking setup!
The boards are always nice for getting rid of unsightly wires and let you show off the nice clean stuff!

Markk

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
IMG_6183.JPG IMG_6182.JPG IMG_6179.JPG IMG_6145.JPG IMG_6141.JPG IMG_6040.JPG I used 3/4" PVC board from Lowes with aluminum c channel wrapping top and bottom. Edge glued with PVC glue. Mounted board on hinges so it can swing open for servicing rear of board or helm area.

Have space prepped/ready for second amp.

Used band pass sealed box sub ported directly to under copilot seat. Sounds great and no rattles. I still need to fiberglass resin my box this winter.

Markk

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I used the same aluminum c channel to create support across helm and provide tapped/threaded locations for amp board to easily secure and release for hinging open.

IMG_6140.JPG

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
View attachment 64160 View attachment 64159 View attachment 64158 View attachment 64157 View attachment 64156 View attachment 64155 I used 3/4" PVC board from Lowes with aluminum c channel wrapping top and bottom. Edge glued with PVC glue. Mounted board on hinges so it can swing open for servicing rear of board or helm area.

Used band pass sealed box sub ported directly to under copilot seat. Sounds great and no rattles. I still need to fiberglass resin my box this winter.
Brillant design with the hinge and using the pvc trim board with aluminum c channel support. The hinge alone would have made my install much easier. The PVC trim board must be more economical than buying large sheets of HDPE (starboard). Also easy to throw on a coupound miter to cut it as opposed to ripping large HDPE sheets with a circular or table saw. Great job with the bandpass box too.

If I am not mistaken that is knukonceptz 0 awg in red for postive and negative then you added heat shrink to identify which was which. Of course 4awg to the amp after the Audiopipe distribution block.

Somone please add this to the faq section with tags for hinged and amp mounting board.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
View attachment 64160 View attachment 64159 View attachment 64158 View attachment 64157 View attachment 64156 View attachment 64155 I used 3/4" PVC board from Lowes with aluminum c channel wrapping top and bottom. Edge glued with PVC glue. Mounted board on hinges so it can swing open for servicing rear of board or helm area.

What is the hole you drilled. Is that in the glove box? Sorry, i am making breakfast while checking this, lol
But that is making me want to redo my stuff!

Markk

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Brillant design with the hinge and using the pvc trim board with aluminum c channel support. The hinge alone would have made my install much easier. The PVC trim board must be more economical than buying large sheets of HDPE (starboard). Also easy to throw on a coupound miter to cut it as opposed to ripping large HDPE sheets with a circular or table saw. Great job with the bandpass box too.

If I am not mistaken that is knukonceptz 0 awg in red for postive and negative then you added heat shrink to identify which was which. Of course 4awg to the amp after the Audiopipe distribution block.

Somone please add this to the faq section with tags for hinged and amp mounting board.
@Mainah I took inspiration from your amp board post. Once I had crawled into the hell hole a couple times I spawned the hinge idea.

I bought my feeder cable from one of my dealer accounts. It is DB Link Elite Superflex. Paid $79 for 50' 1/0, $59 for 100' of #4. Correct on black heat shrink just to label negative lead. I have a lot of #4 leftover.
http://dblink.net/?product=stpw0r50z

I contacted manufacturer before ordering. Their specs matched KnuConcepts.

Attachments

Markk

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What is the hole you drilled. Is that in the glove box? Sorry, i am making breakfast while checking this, lol
But that is making me want to redo my stuff!
It's under the copilot seat. Path stays open regardless of seat position up or down. I think I could fit a bigger driver/box in the future.

*warning: have 3-4 batteries prepped and about 45min to complete this cut.

Attachments