• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

An actual store - cafepress etc

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just curious if @Administrative has looked at offering up a store for swag?

We setup a cafepress.com store for another site I work with. Upload your logo, then you have full access to their products: apparel, coffee cups, bags, etc.

You are allowed to add x% to their cost if looking for an income source, or not. My other site only charges the product price so there is no income and keeps the price lower. All payment and shipping is processed by the site.

I looked at their products and saw stickers and license plate holders. I didn't see footballs or flags, but I have purchased frisbees there before. I may have missed them as I was looking on my phone.

Was just thinking if something like this were available for us, it might reduce the work load for the volunteers in ordering and shipping. And, could make the swag ordering a little more on demand.

There may be other sites out there, cafepress is just one that I've used before.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@justason, @Murf'n'surf and I have been discussing the possible merits of using Amazon fulfillment. We would like to keep the costs as low as possible.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Does cafepress do one off ordersorare there groupbuys and offersto make itappealing

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Does cafepress do one off ordersorare there groupbuys and offersto make itappealing
I've only ever seen one off orders, but I've never actually called them. It has all been online magic. I wouldn't be surprised if we could negotiate group buys then enter a promo code on the web form to purchase. But, I don't have any experience with that.

Definitely agree on keeping low costs. Just thought this (or something similar) might help in those situations where one user gets left out and ends up needing to wait until there's enough qty to order again.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Here's info on setting up a shop:
http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/sell/index.aspx?area=openashop&page=openashop

Here's the pricing policy:
http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/help/pricing_policy.aspx

My other site just set the markup to $0, I believe. Base prices can be seen at the link above. Not sure how they compare to the other shirt buy, etc.

Here's a full listing of products:
http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/sell/index.aspx?area=products&page=viewall

Lots of cool stuff from bbq aprons to boxer shorts, but I still didn't see anything that could be a substitute for flags or footballs. I believe you can select the items that you want to make available on your store... So if offering a thong is outside the scope, you can turn that product off. Lol

Like I said, just trying to offer more stuff, and streamline it for the guys that are doing the legwork now. As to the group buys, still researching that. But, I might be willing to pay an extra buck or two if meant not waiting... depends on the product and intended use I'd imagine.

Here's the shop from my other group, just to see an example: http://www.cafepress.com/dd/6290923

Edit: Found something on bulk pricing. http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/help/shop_services.aspx#bulk

Last edited:

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I agree on willingness to pay extra to increase availability. The thought with Amazon fulfillment or similar is that sellers would front the money for production then send the items to Amazon where they would be available for ordering with prime shipping at anytime. The potential issues with this are fronting the items, correctly calculating shipping and potential tax hassles.

I will look at Cafepress's pricing next week.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Wasn't actually looking for this, but came across it anyway.

@Cobra Jet Steering LLC has a cafepress store for swag setup. http://www.cafepress.com/cobrajetgear

If I had one of his products, I'd definitely feel the need to get the wife a cobra jet thong. (which she'd probably just throw at me)

@Cobra Jet Steering LLC - have you purchased any of the products? How do you find the quality for the money, and compared to other options? (stickers of equal quality to the other jetboaters.net stickers, license plate frames, etc)

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Oh my goodness, I have nothing to do with that, one of my children did that many years ago, remember my children are in their 30's and I have 11 grand children .
I can honestly say I have no experience with the products nor do I have any input regarding them.
I did however give permission for it to be done, I don't even know how to look at it. I had honestly forgotten all about it and did not even realize it still existed.