• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anchor

Jason spanick

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
ISO something to protect my boat from rope burn. What do you do with the anchor rope after deploying your anchor. I slide my ladder forward just enough to close the locker door but hate doing this because sometimes the rope still contacts the boat and if I don’t have the ladder positioned just right I could break the nose off my locker door. Any suggestions?

Attachments

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use a danik hook on the anchor line which I connect to the bow eye. This takes the strain off the line going into the anchor line and since my boat doesnt have a center cleat it keeps the boat inline with the line. Works great 40 bucks.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I use a danik hook on the anchor line which I connect to the bow eye. This takes the strain off the line going into the anchor line and since my boat doesnt have a center cleat it keeps the boat inline with the line. Works great 40 bucks.
the bow eye seems unreachable from the top. I guess I may have short arms?

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
@Jason spanick @Huntersales @Gunner @tabbibus ......we have been using the bow hook (long arms so I can reach it) but I think I am going to make a bridle that will fast clip onto the two front bow cleats with a loop at the center that the anchor line can be fastened to.....the Admiral's arms are not long enough to use the bow hook LOL. I have used a variety of this with big cruisers and it works great. Cheap to make and takes about 15 minutes to fabricate. Quick and easy to use each time. A variation of this is to install a short "shock cord" in-line between the bridle center loop and the anchor line to avoid snap-shocks from passing boat wakes.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
242, and very likely also T rex arms... lol

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’ve been trying to find a Danik Hook type of device that will let you side-load a rope sort of like a Grigri does for climbing ropes so I don’t need to keep the hook always on the rope.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
ISO something to protect my boat from rope burn. What do you do with the anchor rope after deploying your anchor. I slide my ladder forward just enough to close the locker door but hate doing this because sometimes the rope still contacts the boat and if I don’t have the ladder positioned just right I could break the nose off my locker door. Any suggestions?
Tie off at the cleat if you have no other option so it doesn't pull across the bow. Tying to a cleat is fast and easy when you know how - google for instructions on how to tie to a cleat securely, it's really easier than it sounds.

For us, we use marine grade stainless steel carabiners tied into the line at 25ft, 50ft, 95ft, then tie off in the locker at 100 feet for safety. We clip the carabiner to one of the front cleats as it's within easy reach, it's fast, doesn't rub on the gelcoat, and is good enough for anchoring for lunch, etc. If it was all day anchoring, I'd clip to the bow eye - it's a stretch but I can reach it and a carabiner makes it easier.

As @Gunner mentioned, we too use Danik hooks for fender lines and anything else that needs quick adjustments. They work great on anchor lines too.

Augieol65

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Butterfly knot with a carabiner through bow eye if wind or waves are an issue or I’ll just tie off to left or right front cleat.