• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anclote Key and Durney Key Florida

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
What a beautiful weekend in central Florida for a boat ride.
Trailered the boat to the Anclote River and launched from the Anclote River Boat Ramp. We went out to Anclote Island on the south sandbar and anchored up with the rest of the flotilla on Saturday. Took the kids tubing then headed about 12 miles north to Durney Key to check out the remaining Stilt Houses from the 1900's.

If you have never been to either place (as we have never been) it was worth the hour and a half trailer trip from Lithia.

Down side is the public boat ramp us chaotic and at a roughly 45 degree incline. We arrived around 9:30am and were roughly the 30-40th truck in the lot. By the time we went to pull out, there had to be well over 200+ trucks and another 75+ trucks waiting to drop in. Note to future boaters, there is constantly a 20+mph current from the power plant discharge, so docking is a nightmare, plus everyone else launching. I had to wait in a holding pattern roughly 20 minutes before I could squeeze into a dock to lock it up to get my truck. Then I had to wait in line for everyone else to launch or pull out until I could get to the ramp to pull out.

1650300726336.png

Attachments

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I believe Anderson park also has a bot ramp or it did in the 70's when I lived there