• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anclote Sand Bar

Patman941

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I put in at anclote and it was super easy going out. About 7:15 am and not crowded at all. Coming in around 3 pm there was a nasty current. Was a little tough getting off the fender but luckily the current wasn't bad close to the trailer.
Excellent. Thanks for the info.

Rowdie

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m out in that area on the regular.

my preference is outside of anclote around mid island.

usually with two other Yamaha. 2012 limited flying FSU flag. 2018 sx flying American flag. 2018 ar no flag.

where’s the fellow that claims to have the loudest system without the arch? I’ve walked from mid island to north island a few dozen times and never found him.

also miss vicky’s still open. Likes if you call ahead these days.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m out in that area on the regular.

my preference is outside of anclote around mid island.

usually with two other Yamaha. 2012 limited flying FSU flag. 2018 sx flying American flag. 2018 ar no flag.

where’s the fellow that claims to have the loudest system without the arch? I’ve walked from mid island to north island a few dozen times and never found him.

also miss vicky’s still open. Likes if you call ahead these days.
That guy is a asshole haha. I am sitting in Ohio right now hatting life. Doing Army things But will be back down first week of Sep. Its not that loud, its only 16 JL speakers 3 amps and 3 batteries. We set up here. Nice and shallow no grass and some pretty good people. Screenshot_20200802-163423_Maps.jpg

Rowdie

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That guy is a asshole haha. I am sitting in Ohio right now hatting life. Doing Army things But will be back down first week of Sep. Its not that loud, its only 16 JL speakers 3 amps and 3 batteries. We set up here. Nice and shallow no grass and some pretty good people.
good lord man. Well I’ll keep an eye and ear out for ya.

I don’t stop in that spot except to get some bait fish if I get out during week. Note: not in my boat I have strict no blood policy.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
good lord man. Well I’ll keep an eye and ear out for ya.

I don’t stop in that spot except to get some bait fish if I get out during week. Note: not in my boat I have strict no blood policy.
No blood policy? Should be out there sep 5th. Its the blue SX with the bimini top off.

Rowdie

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don’t fish from my boat. “Strict no blood policy,” is what I say every time a fishing guy asks about fishing on my boat. As a bonus it covers bringing glass on the boat, and can be used when someone is just about to do something stupid that could cause bodily injury. So hopefully it keeps the mood light and funny while making an important point.

fishing guy really never believes me when I tell him I don’t fish off my boat. It’s been kind of humorous.

Rowdie

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This seems to be the thread locals hang out in so...

Any of you crush scalloping the last few seasons?

I try to walk a fine line between talking about how awesome it’s been and not wanting to promote it to the masses.

Year three in the books and the assholes are starting to catch on.

Although it could be that the hot spot was a bit further north this season. Also I was in slightly deeper water so that just means more boats, larger boats, are in the area.

Easy to catch your limit.

Use a proper bay scallop knife, and shop vac for cleaning.

Floridaman79

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
This seems to be the thread locals hang out in so...

Any of you crush scalloping the last few seasons?

I try to walk a fine line between talking about how awesome it’s been and not wanting to promote it to the masses.

Year three in the books and the assholes are starting to catch on.

Although it could be that the hot spot was a bit further north this season. Also I was in slightly deeper water so that just means more boats, larger boats, are in the area.

Easy to catch your limit.

Use a proper bay scallop knife, and shop vac for cleaning.
Went scalloping in both steinhatchee and pasco county this year. Great family activity.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Whos going out today?

Rowdie

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Weather hasnt cooperated lately... seeing a lot of new 195’s.

hit honeymoon and cw beach lately... also mad fish the other week... let’s see picture ...C4994CC4-E1CF-4992-8A72-4026AAFC48AC.jpeg477631F9-1506-4AB3-9F5C-5125AA886E32.jpeg8322FF64-F41A-4E00-BEE6-DCB4436927C8.jpeg

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

Rowdie

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did you throw them back in? Heard there's a 2 year ban due to red tide.
to my knowledge you’re still not allowed to keep anything but sharks.

even without those restrictions. As far as the snook arhat day went one was too big a few were too small and maybe just one would have been just right.

more... four dudes fishing, each caught the trifecta, had three on at one time, snook red red. it was a weekend but a poor weather day so no pleasure boaters. Pretty extreme tides, fished nothing but green backs.

Last edited:

Rowdie

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Whoa long time no update....

Update: Used Anclote ramp a couple times. Busy wise was not bad at all. Difficulty and Yahoo wise, well that was terrible or awesome depending on your view.

It's no wonder people have issues, when the tide is moving through there it proves to be quite the challenge. With wind in combination, I'm surprised I haven't heard of more injuries.

Best/worst day, approaching ramp tide strong right to left, wind moderate right to left. I took far left ramp, so dock protected me from other boaters. Crew could have been faster on the line, but full reverse right rudder got the back in. I ran to grab truck by the time I got back there was dude swimming in the water. one boat perpendicular to dock with front end hitting the boat that was sharing the ramp with him. The next line over a boat was pounding the dock having missed tying off to the dock he had aimed for. Multiple loud voices but I don't speak much of any Spanish so I can't say what they were saying but it didn't seem friendly. And of course, a dodge trying to back his boat into the furthest ramp who had been there since I had arrived, lord knows how many attempts he had made.

Evidently the guy taking a swim was not from the boat that had t-boned the boat opposite the dock from me, but rather one ramp over. When the boat he was on collided with the dock it had tossed him completely over said dock and into the water on the next ramp.

I don't use that ramp anymore.

Be safe y'all. Efficiency is Courtesy

Patman941

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Update: Used Anclote ramp a couple times. Busy wise was not bad at all. Difficulty and Yahoo wise, well that was terrible or awesome depending on your view.

It's no wonder people have issues, when the tide is moving through there it proves to be quite the challenge. With wind in combination, I'm surprised I haven't heard of more injuries.

Best/worst day, approaching ramp tide strong right to left, wind moderate right to left. I took far left ramp, so dock protected me from other boaters. Crew could have been faster on the line, but full reverse right rudder got the back in. I ran to grab truck by the time I got back there was dude swimming in the water. one boat perpendicular to dock with front end hitting the boat that was sharing the ramp with him. The next line over a boat was pounding the dock having missed tying off to the dock he had aimed for. Multiple loud voices but I don't speak much of any Spanish so I can't say what they were saying but it didn't seem friendly. And of course, a dodge trying to back his boat into the furthest ramp who had been there since I had arrived, lord knows how many attempts he had made.

Evidently the guy taking a swim was not from the boat that had t-boned the boat opposite the dock from me, but rather one ramp over. When the boat he was on collided with the dock it had tossed him completely over said dock and into the water on the next ramp.

Next best ramp to get out to Anclote? I’ve heard lots of horror stories about that ramp from the conditions.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Next best ramp to get out to Anclote? I’ve heard lots of horror stories about that ramp from the conditions.
Maybe Seminole ramp in downtown Clearwater? Bit of a cruise

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Nick's Park, next to Hooters in Port Richey has less current but only a single ramp and limited parking.
Anclote Park Ramp isn't too bad when you get there early. Just be wary of the wind and obviously the current.
Just don't be "that guy" parked on the ramp whilst you get all your shit ready, do it prior to backing down the ramp.
Even better if you have a boat driver AND a truck driver !

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

I suggest you keep practicing at Anclote river park. Get use to there and you’ll be a pro anywhere you go