• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anode Replacement

kennetht

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking to replace my anode on my 2013 AR190, as the current one is the original one, and looks like it is worn down pretty good.

I was reading on here that if you boat in salt water (which is all I do), the anode must be zinc and not aluminum.

However, when looking online to purchase the new anode, there is no mention of whether it is zinc or aluminum.

I just want to make sure that this is the correct anode that I should be buying, and that it is indeed zinc. Thanks!

Part #11
2013 Yamaha AR190 (RX1800AM) Jet Unit 3 | Babbitts Yamaha Partshouse

Yamaha F3F-U7697-00-00 - Anode (A006760850) : Babbitts Yamaha Partshouse

Looking to purchase from ebay
Yamaha OEM ANODE (A006760850) F3F-U7697-00-00 | eBay

BrentEB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well, an aluminum anode wouldn't work well protecting the aluminum engine parts, would it? It's been mentioned that most are magnesium 'cause it's cheaper than zinc. But still protects. I think if you bough a Yamaha part you'd be ok.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Remember you do not need the same size or shape leave the old one and add a zinc block to the opposite side of the pump, there are threaded bosses on the pump for that, just check the clearances and drill the holes in the zinc to match the bosses . I mount some on the ride plate beneath the pump and on the pump body using a bracket from one of the top housing bolts

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
It's magnesium, a compromise for salt and fresh water. Aftermarket anodes are available made in zinc for salt water use. There are also internal anodes in the cooling system of the engine.

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
You should be able to buy a zinc plate at boatzincs.com , a forum search should yield a few options as well.

kennetht

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for all the info. Much appreciated!