• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Another AR240 Stereo Upgrade Thread - Several Questions

ralphsmithiii

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
X2 on the shop vac! Even better if you can have someone operating the shop vac while you are cutting. Also, if you include you location in your profile, people local to you might offer up some help...like I have a 5 1/4 in hole saw just waiting to cut more holes in things!!! LOL

Watch out for the cleat backing when you put them in mid ships. Mine are not lined up with each other, but neither are the seats, so it looks fine.
Oh crap, I thought I filled out my profile completely. I'll go back and do that now. But, I'm in Tampa, Florida and I know a few on this board are around the area-ish such as @Drift Away .

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome, thanks man! If those are the exact parts for the MX65o cut-outs, then I'll get them ordered tonight!
I looked back at my receipt and those are the exact hole saw and arbor I purchased. They should be exactly what you need for the 650's. Have fun!

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oh crap, I thought I filled out my profile completely. I'll go back and do that now. But, I'm in Tampa, Florida and I know a few on this board are around the area-ish such as @Drift Away .
That i am. Well kind of. I work in Ohio but am back in FL a few times a month. I am heading back their this week till the 4th. Looking to get out on the water a few times. We hang out mostly around Anclote and Honeymoon. Less cops and less assholes around.

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds like a nice system in the works...

This was a similar approach to my 1st phase 18 months ago...the MX650s sound nice on the 800/8, and the sub will sound great.

If you know your talking about a phase 2 so you might wanna just run the 0 guage power & ground wire.

Besides that the control knobs for the JL amps are very nice as well....you have a solid plan.

I'd highly suggest those M880 tower speakers down the road as well...they project very well, and are super clean.

Good luck...post some pics.

ralphsmithiii

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Jaylex Thanks for the heads-up on the bass knob. I didn't think/wasn't sure if its something worth getting with a system like this but I suppose for the low cost, it wouldn't hurt to have it.

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I absolutely LOVE mine, they are mounted right above my throttles and with the bass I have there are times when I want to turn it down/off, I also have a set on my tower speakers so I can adjust both independently.

You can also add them later, but when I'm out late just hanging on the boat I can listen to just my in-boats without the towers or subs being on.

When are you looking to get started on the install?

Oh and re: the single battery, not sure if it was mentioned but as long as you have a deep cycle battery (not starter), maybe group 29 or something like that off a single 800/8 you should be fine. I only have 2 group 29s and run 4 amps and so far last 18 months no low battery alarms. That being said I will be swapping them out for the upcoming season with a fresh set, and a new shore charger when its in storage to keep them fully charged and maintained.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Here in Tampa, if need help shoot me a PM. Catch me on a day off and I can let you hear my boat. Similar to what you are looking for.

ralphsmithiii

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here in Tampa, if need help shoot me a PM. Catch me on a day off and I can let you hear my boat. Similar to what you are looking for.
I'll take you up on that for sure!

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just throw a ton of speakers at it and hang with the big boys lol.