• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Another great use for a Pool Noodle

Winerocks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I’m working on installing an nmea 2000 network on my 215 Impulse, and as I was contemplating how to squeeze myself into the storage compartment, I came up with yet another great use for a Pool Noodle. I had to run cables along the gunwales on both sides of the boat, both of which are hostile environments for arms, hands, etc. I needed a way to push a limp cable from storage compartment to storage compartment along the gunwale, but did not have a wire fishing line. My solution was to feed the cable through the noodle, and fed the noodle from the back storage compartment all the way through to the front compartment.
IMG_6746.jpegIMG_6748.jpegIMG_6749.jpeg
Once I had the cable at the front compartment, I pulled the noodle off, and did the same on the starboard side. No fiberglass embedded in my hands or arms!

mat_l_1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
thats using your noodle...
[sorry ]

it's brilliant solution to common problem.