• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

another New Boat buying/pick up question (Insurance)

Not trying to be cute here...but just because the bank or the dealer doesn't ask, what do you think would happen to your finances if the boat burns up in storage the night you park it, if it is legally yours, whether anyone told you to insure it or not? Get insurance on anything you buy, before you take delivery. Otherwise, you assume all the liability and responsibility of it no matter what happens to it from that moment on. COVER YOUR ASSES BOYS!

My experience with Ski Safe has been excellent. Had a claim 4-5 years ago and they paid w/o any questions or problems. This past February I traded in my old boat (new one won't arrive until mid April) and they sent me a prorated refund. I also gave them the details of the new boat and they wrote the policy ($50 cheaper than my 15 year old trade-in- go figure), and all I have to do is call them on pick-up day or a day before I plan to pickup my new boat, and I'm covered. They have been great to work with.

I've always used BoatUS. My boat is still at the dealer. I canceled my previous boat policy and insured the new boat within a couple weeks of the purchase. Boat insurance is pretty cheap.

If you were to check all the paperwork you signed with the financing, it probably has a page that said you would provide insurance for the term.

What were learning here is not every situation is the same. What each owner/buyer needs to do is contact their insurance company and find out what they need and have a conversation about what is covered.

I use State Farm, while they offered me grace period on vehicles purchased I made sure that they had all pertinent information from Bayside Jetdrive before I left the dealer with the boat.

Thanks all. Great information here. Next week I will get final quotes and make sure I have insurance secured the day I go to pick up the boat.

Back