• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Another stuck cleanout plug topic - pressure?

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I always left my plugs in while at our slip. I only removed to clean out weeds and over Winter. I used this lube and never had a stuck plug after. https://intheswim.com/p/1-oz.-jack-fts-multi-lube/360349.html?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_content={1781707352}_{74823819488}_{343683920762}&utm_term={360349}&gclid=Cj0KCQjwxIOXBhCrARIsAL1QFCYilHmNEF0wPXKYoOA-0M0hQl7JBStu5lRHQcQGfgcxDZlWt-k25Z4aAuZuEALw_wcB

I also use it on the o rings for our pool pump. Waterproof o ring grease.
I second this for sure - use it on my plugs and on my drain plug. Works great.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
When the plug blew out, it broke the latch on the door covering the cleanout tray, and a huge spout of water shot out of the tube about 6 feet high and onto the deck, covering all the passengers like a fire hose for about 1 second. Also the instant loss of thrust rapidly decelerated the boat from 44 MPH to near zero sending a wave over stern . We were all soaked and the boat had probably 50 gallons of water in it in a second. It was really not a problem as the bilge pump, I just installed a few days earlier quickly pumped it out. There were no leaks, just a sudden and impressive flood of water over the stern. It was pretty scary, but quickly just funny as we realized it was not as catastrophic as it seamed at first. Good thing I just changed out the bilge pump, because the previous one was broken.
lots of boats lost engines due to the compartment flooding when a plug came loose but did not blow out you were lucky it blew so it shut off the engines. years ago people on a Yamaha forum begged me to come up with a easy and inexpensive solution. I took one apart and figured out why they blew out, then I invented the EZ locks and still carry them to this day even though the push button plugs were discontinued back in 2017 replacing them with a twist in plug.
and
Cobra EZ-Locks very simple and inexpensive insurance against a plug blow out.

Commadore

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Got a couple plug rebuild kits off Amazon at a really good price there. The old plugs actually looked good, but I rebuilt them anyway. Took them all apart cleaned and lubricated. Cleaned out the tubes with a scotch brite pad, and got the EZ Locks. Everything works great now. They go in, lock and come out reliably. After cleaning remember to remove the scotch brite pad. It makes the impeller run terrible, but with the new plugs, it's a 1 minute fix. I love it. Thanks, All.