• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anti-Squirrel

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My FIL has had issues with squirrels getting into his boats in the past. He got a ultrasonic squirrel deterent and has never had an issue again.
Anyone else had an issue with this on their yamaha?
I'd think the mooring cover would do a good job of keeping them out compared to his tarp job but I'll be storing the boat in the back part of Dad's 10 acres near the woods so I am concerned that some damage occurs during the winter.
I wont have power out there so I'd prefer a 12v version of the device so I can run a solar powered car battery out there.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Well, i know when i was going to take down the pool, i left it half full of water while doing bahamas trip and the squirrels all jumped in and died. One every 2-3 days after that as well.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No squirrel issues here, and I keep my boat near where a bunch of squirrels and chipmunks flourish. I stuffed a little steel wool in the drain plug hole to keep mice out.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Did you all know that squirrels and cigarets have something in common? Neither one of them are hazardous until you put one in your mouth and light it!

Patae

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I don't smoke cigarettes but I do smoke squirrels.....