• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Any advice for new Scarab owner

RFScarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Any advice for a soon to be owner that can sleep thinking about the new boat? Haha picking her up at 11am tomorrow can't hardly stand the wait. Hopefully can get back and grab the kids in time for a few hours out on the lake and her maiden voyage.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@RFScarab .......... So glad you've joined us.
You just bought a great new boat.
Couple point: Pls update your profile with your location so we can help you better and you'll be added to our member map automatically.
Send: We love PHOTOS as soon as you get your new boat and many many more afterwards ........ LOL !
Happy Easter to you and yours ......... Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

And .......... Oh yeah ..........

+             CartoonWelcomeAboard 92 - FRScarab.jpg

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Congratulations on the new boat! I just took mine for a sea trial today, then I went inside and signed the dotted line! Its official, I am a Scarab owner! Can't wait for deliver sometime next week.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Congratulations on the new boat! I just took mine for a sea trial today, then I went inside and signed the dotted line! Its official, I am a Scarab owner! Can't wait for deliver sometime next week.
Congrats 17 DJMattyT.jpg

RFScarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Picked her up yesterday ran home, loader her up and on the water an hour later. The kids have never been happier. Mission accomplished! The dealer warned me about how slow the boat is during break in. 30mph was top speed kind of dosappointing but I am told at the ten hour mark the limiter will lift. Can't wait to see what she can do. Lots of fun so far, my upgrade list is already building in my head.

RFScarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
image.jpg Thanks for the warm welcome all! Here are a few pics image.jpgimage.jpg

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I was told 6 hour break in?

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
30mph for 10 hours? Thats not too bad. Same as my seadoo jetski. I was surprised when I was told 6 hours

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My baby is getting prepped for bottom paint :winkingthumbsup"

Attachments

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@DJMattyT Think about it really good. Its not too late to back out. Some good Fleetwax, and just cleaning it regularly will keep that hull in check. That paint is going to kill the resale on the boat.

If you decide to go through with it, be careful it doesn't flake off and clog your cooling system. An engine is about 8k. Good Luck.

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You have to paint the bottom of your boat where I live if your keeping it in a slip.

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I paid a lot for the bottom paint. Its apoxy before bottom paint so it doesnt peal off although, the paint is ablative but we will see. As far as resale value, people here dont turn a boat down because of bottom paint but thats just here I guess lol