• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Any reason to have a head unit

Emeralddrive

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi folks. I’m embarking on my audio modifications for my 2012 AR190. My question concerns the head unit (a single din in this model). I can’t imagine any scenario where we will listen to the radio, cd, audio from a USB stick. 99% of our listening will be via streaming or offline stored audio streamed via Bluetooth.

Is there any reason to have a regular head unit come up or can I get away with using something like this Fusion Bluetooth transmitter, attached directly to my amplifier?

Fusion Bluetooth Dongle for Fusion Head Units https://a.co/d/8tlq4HQ

I’ve seen mention of people doing this on the forums , but I’m asking whether there is anything I will be missing out on by not having a head unit?

I think one of the concerns is likely to be an EQ and I wonder if I should just consider getting a hardware version?

BrandonG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are you saying the head unit you have does not have bluetooth so you're going to just add the dongle to allow for streaming? Or you're trying to run just a stand alone bluetooth connection straight to the amp?

You can get bluetooth headunit alot cheaper than that dongle and be able to adjust the EQ ect. Im thinking it would be a major hassle to try running everything just through a cell phone

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
No not really - all control will be in your phone.

dscable

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi folks. I’m embarking on my audio modifications for my 2012 AR190. My question concerns the head unit (a single din in this model). I can’t imagine any scenario where we will listen to the radio, cd, audio from a USB stick. 99% of our listening will be via streaming or offline stored audio streamed via Bluetooth.

Is there any reason to have a regular head unit come up or can I get away with using something like this Fusion Bluetooth transmitter, attached directly to my amplifier?

Fusion Bluetooth Dongle for Fusion Head Units https://a.co/d/8tlq4HQ

I’ve seen mention of people doing this on the forums , but I’m asking whether there is anything I will be missing out on by not having a head unit?

I think one of the concerns is likely to be an EQ and I wonder if I should just consider getting a hardware version?

I put this head unit in my '13 AR190

and put this remote at the helm since that year has the head unit in the passenger side glove box

Once your cell is connected, the remote gives you everything you need (volume/skip etc.)
The head unit is handy if you have a split system (tower speakers vs. cockpit speakers) and for EQ

Solid setup that I would do again!!

Emeralddrive

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I put this head unit in my '13 AR190

and put this remote at the helm since that year has the head unit in the passenger side glove box

Once your cell is connected, the remote gives you everything you need (volume/skip etc.)
The head unit is handy if you have a split system (tower speakers vs. cockpit speakers) and for EQ
Thanks. I was trying to decide if I should go Bluetooth only or not.This approach seems ideal though.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's nice to be able to do volume on the HU and not phone, as phone vune typically f's with the EQ. Speaking of EQ, you want the radio for its EQ, as you can only have a global EQ on the phone, and what works for the boat won't sound right in your car, or on headphones, etc. As others have said, transom.remotes as well. I'm not aware of anything like that for a phone, amdnwith a Hu and remote you can leave your phone up front where Innis dry and shaded, and use the remote for most functions.

Top Bottom