• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone controlling their stereo from a smartwatch?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is so true. I've had the same face since I got it. Changed it once and NOPED right back to my original face. haha
@Ronnie

I suspect this is the same way I'll be. I'll bork around with it for a week, then find one I like and stick with it. I don't think I've changed my phone background or theme in the better part of 5 years. Once you have something that works, just stick with it and use it like the tool it is :D :D

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I've worn all of mine in salt water quite a bit with no issues, either.

Jet Boat Okie

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
210 Sport Fish - as others have said connect with phone and use Apple Watch to control it.

I do recommend upgrading the watch band. I bought one for around $25 that will prevent my watch from coming unclasped.

Bonfiggy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I know this solution won't allow you to change the playlist but for ~$35 a decent quality waterproof remote works best. Started using Chubby Buttons last year, they are not waterproof but had a bluetooth range well over 100ft. Hopping this one does the same but I have yet to test it out. IPX7 rating and a watch style band, turn the stereo up all the way then control volume and song selection from the phone. Easy way to not have to risk loosing a watch on the water.

Amazon.com: Recoil Waterproof Bluetooth Media Button, Steering Wheel Remote Control Compatible with iPhone 11 Plus Max/11 Plus/11, Xs Max/XS/XR/X, 8 Plus/8, 2019 iPad/iPad Pro, Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus/S10: Car Electronics

Doing a bit of resurrection here due to some research. I just bought this exact remote this morning. Did you end up liking how this worked out for you? I'm hoping to put a metal plate on the back of it and suction cup mount it to the swim deck when we're out swimming, then stow it away when we're cruising.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Doing a bit of resurrection here due to some research. I just bought this exact remote this morning. Did you end up liking how this worked out for you? I'm hoping to put a metal plate on the back of it and suction cup mount it to the swim deck when we're out swimming, then stow it away when we're cruising.
I didn't use this remote, but I did have a Bluetooth remote for awhile though.

https://a.co/d/1tplWDg

We got that one from Amazon. Worked really well.

Bonfiggy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I didn't use this remote, but I did have a Bluetooth remote for awhile though.

https://a.co/d/1tplWDg

We got that one from Amazon. Worked really well.
Awesome, appreciate it. I ended up ordering the same one and it seems to work great! Excited to find a good solution for now until I tackle the audio upgrades.

johhnyboat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I use my apple watch connected through my iphone. It works really well. I was docked and changing songs / changing volume on spotify from my phone.

gmac03

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I run a Garmin Tactix Delta paired to my phone which is paired to the boat. You can see the song title, skip, pause and adjust volume.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I use a Garmin Quatix 6. It does pretty well but is a little finicky at times.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use a Garmin Quatix 6. It does pretty well but is a little finicky at times.
Similar here. Got a Fenix 6 Pro Solar for xmas this year. With the phone at the helm in the mount, I lose connection via Bluetooth when I'm in the water behind the boat. If I'm on a floaty, it's hit and miss. I've hung the phone from a small mesh bag on the tower, and it's better, but still not great. Bluetooth on this watch isn't as strong as I would like. When cutting the grass and streaming music from the watch to the Pixel Buds, it will often cut out if my hand goes behind my back (like swinging a weed eater back and forth).

When on the golf course though. I can leave the phone and bluetooth speaker in the cart and walk to the tee box or all over the green and still control the music (mostly to turn it up/down in an attempt to be less of a jerk than our music might imply). The music control there really works great. My suspicion is that the water just kills the already marginal Bluetooth signal.

Still better than climbing back in the boat to change music at the radio!!!

Bonfiggy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I ended up getting a combo of a bluetooth controller and a suction cup mount with magnetic backplates. I didn't have the mount when I went to the lake last, but the bluetooth controller worked wonderfully. I plan to mount it to the swim platform area while we're hanging out in the water, then tuck it away when we're in motion.

Not as reliable as a dedicated hardwired solution, but for $40, not a bad alternative.

Bluetooth Controller: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085BYDHG9?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
Mount: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I608BHU?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&ref_=chk_typ_imgToDp&th=1

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've got a fitbit sense with the spotify app. I can control spotify via the fitbit. We also have a floating pouch for iPhone that can control everything via the Fusion app.

BrandonG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got a garmin watch last year and this has not crossed my mind.

I'm going to see how it works when behind the boat wakeboarding lol

Bonfiggy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I got a garmin watch last year and this has not crossed my mind.

I'm going to see how it works when behind the boat wakeboarding lol

I JUST started wakeboarding again after about 15 years. Maybe one day I'll be good enough to change the music and not fall on my face :D

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I JUST started wakeboarding again after about 15 years. Maybe one day I'll be good enough to change the music and not fall on my face :D
Hell I would just be happy to have a stereo I can hear that far away.

BrandonG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hell I would just be happy to have a stereo I can hear that far away.
Its a fickle mistress. Its great when you're boarding but the people in the back seat dont necessarily enjoy it as much lol

The Canuck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was able to get a Fusion 770 head unit at a really great price and have loved it so far. What has been a bit frustrating for me, is that connecting it via Airplay, it acts like it is connected to my Apple Watch (series 6) instead of the phone. This isn't an issue if I am on the boat, but if I jump off the back and am floating around, the music gets very choppy. Almost like it is buffering, which doesn't make sense when the music is on the phone and I am not streaming. As a test I took off my watch and left it by the phone and stereo, and the music was perfect. Does anyone have insight into why it might be doing this. I figured the Apple Watch would be more like an accessory that piggy-backs off of the phone, instead of the watch appearing to be the main connection to the head unit, and I am getting slightly out of range of said head unit.