• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone ever regretted selling their boat?

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Awww hell... if she is paid off it doesn't eat any more! Keep it... I have three kids too.. when they were little I had no time.. now we have plenty... u will be taking the boat and the ski out before u know due to the kids being old enough to ride it themselves....

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I hope you started it and cycled the engine for awhile every 1-2 months during that time frame...and changed the fluids annually as well. I'm always wary of late model marine vehicles/boats with low hours. Seen a couple friends unfortunatly fall for it and it ended up costing more down the road.
Yeah, it's well taken care of. I have a car that I'm having the same problem with so I do the same thing with that. I have way too much stuff I don't use!

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Awww hell... if she is paid off it doesn't eat any more! Keep it... I have three kids too.. when they were little I had no time.. now we have plenty... u will be taking the boat and the ski out before u know due to the kids being old enough to ride it themselves....
I would love to but I can't drag both trailers to the river.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@captainhook I understand your dilemma due to various things going on I knew both skis would not got used a lot if at all for the next 3-4 years. So my though process was one can sit in the garage that long or I can sell one and keep one and in 3 years or so I will buy another new one instead of letting one sit and not get used. I may even sell the second one later this summer and just buy 2 new ones in a few years. The boat is just going to get more use with the current situation I'm in.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Yeah that's kind of where I am too. This one will sit for a few years or I can sell it now and get another one (or TWO! :D) in a few years when the kids are bigger.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My problem is a get emotionally attateched to my vehicles... when we bought the boat we had to sell the jet ski to off set some of the price.. the guy that bought it said he felt like he was in an adoption interview... when we made the deal he asked... do you two need a moment before we leave! Lol. That's why I like my old 2005 dodge durango... it has 110 thousand miles on it and I use it to pully boat everywhere.. I would love a new echo dose or a new ram cause I am a dodge guy but I would feel guilty.. lol. A vehicle means more to me once it had a lot of miles on it... something with low miles or hours or years on it dont connect with me .... I like my old stuff....... maybe it's not so much the old or age on it as much as the fact that they are paid off and a replacement would mean many years of payments!!! hummm

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
So over the weekend I developed a new perspective.

Story goes, I've had the SeaDoo for sale for a few weeks, pulled the battery out of my basement, charged it up, etc. But I never started the SeaDoo because all of the antifreeze from winterization leaks out (only the exhaust needs antifreeze in a closed loop cooling system) and I didn't want to leak antifreeze everywhere. So fast forward to yesterday, a guy comes and is very serious about buying it. As he pulls into my driveway, my wife tells me she doesn't want me to sell it. She mentioned it briefly before but I didn't think she was serious. She agreed that her opinion was the same as mine, we aren't using it so it seems to make sense to sell it but she recalled last week when I told her I didn't really want to sell it. So after the guy oohs and ahhs over the condition, he asks me to start it up. So I pull it out of the garage, hit the start button and "CLICK." What the hell? Hit the start button again, "CLICK." Three or four times of this and I say welp, I guess the battery died, lemme charge it up. Drag out the charger, charge it up for a few minutes and hit the start button again. "CLICK." What in the blue hell?!? Put the charger on "engine start" which is 50 amps and hit the start button again. "CLICK." Long story short, in a bout of divine intervention, the damned thing doesn't start. The guy was pretty disappointed but I have to say I was secretly, deep down, happy. :smuggrin:

He offered $5500 anyway based on the fantastic condition, but I told him not only am I firm on the $6750 price, obviously I wasn't going to get top dollar for a ski that doesn't even work so we parted ways. Even better, I go inside and search the problem online and have already ordered the replacement part (starter solenoid) for a mere $15.

So, OP, KEEP THE BOAT! :D