• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone familiar with Navarre FL ?

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Inthrustwetrust

Locals are telling us to launch from Liz Jackson Park for our trip to Crab Island tomorrow. ~30min car ride ahead of the boat ride....instead of launching straight from Navarre. This is calling a audible pretty close to launch date from what I had planned. Any thoughts?

Anyone else near Navarre have any input?

I have never personally put in there, I have access to the base, which is just down the road from the park. The nice thing about putting in at Ft Walton is that if the weather kicks up it’s a quick 15-20 boat ride from Crab Island to the trailer. Down side depending on when you go is traffic. It’s really a personal preference. Being a Monday the sound is going to be pretty flat in the morning, Navarre to Ft Walton in the boat should only take 15 minutes if you open the throttles up, if there is a accident on 98 it could take a hour or more to get to Ft Walton. Same in the afternoon.

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also, stay in the marked channel unless you are at no wake speeds, it quickly gets real shallow, especially in the sound.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Should've taken more pictures. Water was great. We're back in the condo safe and sunburnt. Might go again tomorrow or the next day. Have to see what the rest of the crew wants to do.

Excuse my overly high lack of tan in this picture!
PXL_20210614_172932379.jpg

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You venture out into the Gulf yet? We went out, seen dolphins & a giant sea turtle. Nice to cruise down the coast & see different scenery other than the riverbanks were used to seeing every weekend.

Papa Erp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You venture out into the Gulf yet? We went out, seen dolphins & a giant sea turtle. Nice to cruise down the coast & see different scenery other than the riverbanks were used to seeing every weekend.
Agreed. So nice out there on a calm day.

CaTiRo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I always thought a danford and fluke anchor was the same thing. Anyways, I was down there last month and really wish I had brought my boat. Looks like you guys had a ton of fun.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did not go out in the gulf yet. I want to, but need to see what the rest of the crew has planned as well as check weather. The boys LOVE the waves and the beach, so I'm sure we'll burn up another day doing that.

Side not about the beach. The AnchorShade2 that a lot of us have for the boat works REALLY REALLY well with a screw in sand spikes and being tied off to the cooler and beach bag on the windward side!

We ventured over, docked, and walked through the harbor walk after spending about 4hrs at Crab Island. Was neat to see them cleaning fish and what not, otherwise pretty touristy stuff. Rest of the family on the other boat was sunburnt and ready to head in after the Harbor Walk so we headed home.

Definitely nice to see something new and different on the boat. Little bit of nervousness in not knowing where the heck we were most of the time. The bay there in Destin is easily the largest body of water I've ever piloted a boat on. I can see where on a rough day it could get out of hand quick. Especially if dark clouds rolled in and you couldn't see shore.

The channel markers down here are nuts. So frequent and easy to read/understand. Previously I have only ever seen them on the Ohio near Louisville and Cincinnati. Really hard to get away from the channel unless you're just completely not paying attention.

Anchor was a non-issue at Crab Island as well. My trusty 22lb Navy Anchor held both boats (My AR190 and his 20ft Tracker) for a couple of hours when we realized the anchor he threw out had a slack line. Crazy to think that I actually had proper 5:1 scope payed out with only ~15ft of line.

I did get a couple compliments on docking around the Harbor Walk. I was the second boat in on a line of about 6. Both side lined with just enough room to squeeze through (4ft each side maybe). I wasn't about to try and reverse a jet out of there, so I spun around in the lane and where I was previously and headed out forward. Couple of guys in a deck boat asked how I was able to spin line that. Told them they had to lose the prop to make it happen. That was neat.

The ramps were steep and dropped off quickly. Docks on both sides made the wife a little nervous to trailer, but she did great as always. I winched it 99% of the way on, and it was really no big deal. The trailer parking was dumb with all the spots being "back in" style. Never seen that before, although I get why they did it due to space restrictions on the park.

Fuel usage was absurdly low. Less than an 1/8th tank from Liza Marshall park to Crab Island the Harbor Walk and back to the park. Good chance unless we cruise a ton another day, we'll be towing some Florida fuel home with us.

I did leave the boat hooked up at the condo long enough to spray it down with the hose I brought. Then let it idle on the hose for about 15 min while I cleaned and wiped everything down. Didn't use Salt Away, but figure I'll give it a good de-salting when I get home and have it in the driveway for a few hours. It'll survive until then I'm sure.

Overall, so far, just a really interesting boating experience. So nice to see and experience something new and different with the boat. We are going to try and get out another day on the water (2 days left here), but even if we don't, I would say the 10hr tow was already worth it.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you get a chance cruise through Destin harbor and go through the neighborhoods in the boat. It was nice to see how things are done down there, all of the different boats and houses.
I didn't get a chance to spray anything down until I got home. Dipped the trailer in fresh water about 6 times and rinse out the tubes and wash away the salt on the trailer, run the boat down the river on a few hot runs to flush the cooling system, take it home and flush with salt away and also spray salt away on entire boat, inside and out plus the trailer and rinse.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok guys......have another question.

Wife and oldest boy want to watch the Blue Angels from the boat. We've read they are usually in the air by 10:30am and we can see them from Pensacola Bay. Maybe watching from Fort Pickens area?

Any tips/tricks/ideas there? Is this something we can do from the water?

@Papa Erp @Inthrustwetrust

Street glide

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You can see them great from fort Pickens or across at fort McCrea there are some nice clear shallow spots on the north side by the big sand hill but really any where in Pensacola bay is a good spot

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok guys......have another question.

Wife and oldest boy want to watch the Blue Angels from the boat. We've read they are usually in the air by 10:30am and we can see them from Pensacola Bay. Maybe watching from Fort Pickens area?

Any tips/tricks/ideas there? Is this something we can do from the water?

@Papa Erp @Inthrustwetrust

You can take the boat down there and a anchor up in the pass by the light house. You can put in at Navarre and boat all the way down, or drive over and put the boat in. I haven’t ventured over to Pensacola with the boat much so that’s about the best I got. The bridge is back open but I don’t think it’s 4 lanes yet so there might be some traffic.

Bayou boater

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I would highly recommend watching the blue angels from the Fort Pickens area. The closest ramp for you would likely be Shoreline Park in Gulf breeze. The blue Angel practices are pretty much identical to t shows and you will see them buzz over you repeatedly in that area.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You can take the boat down there and a anchor up in the pass by the light house. You can put in at Navarre and boat all the way down, or drive over and put the boat in. I haven’t ventured over to Pensacola with the boat much so that’s about the best I got. The bridge is back open but I don’t think it’s 4 lanes yet so there might be some traffic.
We have a couple people that might drive down. This is great info. Thank you!

I would highly recommend watching the blue angels from the Fort Pickens area. The closest ramp for you would likely be Shoreline Park in Gulf breeze. The blue Angel practices are pretty much identical to t shows and you will see them buzz over you repeatedly in that area.
Awesome info. Thank you!

Papa Erp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@2kwik4u If you get a chance, go visit the Naval Aviation Museum. It's the home of the Blue Angels and is the most amazing museum. I'll definitely go back on my next visit to the area since it does take more than one day to get through all the exhibits.

National Naval Aviation Museum | Official Website

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@2kwik4u If you get a chance, go visit the Naval Aviation Museum. It's the home of the Blue Angels and is the most amazing museum. I'll definitely go back on my next visit to the area since it does take more than one day to get through all the exhibits.

National Naval Aviation Museum | Official Website
We were going to try to visit that this trip. Due to current restrictions you have to hold a current DOD issued ID card to get on base. Going to have to settle for a Blue Angels training day from the water.