• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone get a Sx250, whats the difference

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I dont need ballasts or a tower so Im looking at the Sx250. Its the lowest priced 25 but what did they skimp on besides all that tech shit that is not working for so many

Last edited:

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I dont need ballasts or a tower so Im looking at the 250ss. Its the lowest priced 25 but what did they skimp on besides all that tech shit that is not working for so many
It’s the same as the AR250 but without the tower. From that point up they all have different features. The 252 you get a better sound system, bigger helm screen, lounge seats in the back, seadek type flooring, swim up seating, and a few other minor things. I went with the AR250 cause I can add a better sound system and a better seadek.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Sound sys, bigger screen to fail, some pads on the swim deck and over the clean out hatch and Stick on seadek for an extra $16K

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sound sys, bigger screen to fail, some pads on the swim deck and over the clean out hatch and Stick on seadek for an extra $16K
You got it! Even if you don’t need a tower I’d probably still get the AR250. It keeps the Bimini out of the way and you can mount speakers or rod holder or whatever on the tower.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I like to get outta the sun during the day. Does the tower bimini give good shade or better than the framed one

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
So you gotta figure about $3k for seadek and sound upgrade

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So you gotta figure about $3k for seadek and sound upgrade
Pretty much. There’s a group discount in the fall of the seadek. The sky is the limit on sound system. As far as the Bimini it is a decent size to get out of the sun.

Dough

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I was soooo pumped, I wish they'd make a ss.

OB WI

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Whats your top speed in the AR
45 seems pretty fair. Our top was 47 with two adults and 2 small kids. The worst top end was 42-43 with 7 adults and 5 kids into the wind with the Bimini open. We have roughly 34 hrs of use in.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
45 seems pretty fair. Our top was 47 with two adults and 2 small kids. The worst top end was 42-43 with 7 adults and 5 kids into the wind with the Bimini open. We have roughly 34 hrs of use in.
Did you notice it opening up more once you broke it in more. Like around 10-15hrs?

OB WI

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Did you notice it opening up more once you broke it in more. Like around 10-15hrs?
We hit 47 at 8 hrs for a min or two. 45-46 has been the high now. But now we always have the bimini open, more people on board, and a pretty full tank of gas. I have yet to take it out when the water is like glass. Can’t wait for that. Also to go a day without kids :cool:

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We hit 47 at 8 hrs for a min or two. 45-46 has been the high now. But now we always have the bimini open, more people on board, and a pretty full tank of gas. I have yet to take it out when the water is like glass. Can’t wait for that. Also to go a day without kids :cool:
I have a 3 month old and a 2 year old. Hence why I only have 7hrs on it.