• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone get a Sx250, whats the difference

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Hey OB, what are you impressions of it now 34 hours in? What boat did you have before

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Sound sys, bigger screen to fail, some pads on the swim deck and over the clean out hatch and Stick on seadek for an extra $16K
A whole lot more than that. The sound system is probably good enough for most people, but a lot us upgrade anyways. And either screen will have its failure points but the small screen looks absurd, the 12" screen is awesome.

Now for the other differences:
Sliding rear seats
Cushions over swim deck
In water seating
Upgraded interior (pretty big difference IMO)
Upgraded tower (the tower on the 252SE IMO is light years better than than the 252S, MUCH larger bimini)
Dock Lights
Fold out bar, with cooler storage under (and compartment storage under the bar).
Manual buttons for accessories (nice for you guys that hate touch screens)
Aluminum handles vs rope ones
Fresh Water Shower
"Upgraded windshield frame" - whatever that means
Fully finished head with LED lights

Not sure if you are talking S or SE - since 16k falls right in the middle of the two.

The SE brings the better tower, push button start, electronic throttle and single throttle control.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Im not sure I want to spend close to $80K for a Yamaha boat. While I love the brand I have not lost perspective its a Value boat. The sliding seats are cool but in reality I have found things like that get set to the most useful spot and dont move much after that.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Im not sure I want to spend close to $80K for a Yamaha boat. While I love the brand I have not lost perspective its a Value boat. The sliding seats are cool but in reality I have found things like that get set to the most useful spot and dont move much after that.
I won't argue otherwise. I didn't want to spend this much, but it was my only option other than wait a year or two. In hindsight I have zero regrets. I ended up doing a 20 year loan with a much lower rate than what Yamaha offered at 15, so payment wasn't that much of a difference. Either way 15/20 year loans scare the shit out of me so I pay a few grand a month on it, but I have that fall back payment.

In regards to the seats - we use them almost every time out. We usually just sit off the back at the sandbar, so useful for us. Double that for the cushions since we are always sitting there lol.

OB WI

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Hey OB, what are you impressions of it now 34 hours in? What boat did you have before
First time owning a boat but basically grew up on a 95 Glastron 21ft ski and fish that we still use today fishing for Salmon on the Sea of Wisconsin 😂
When we went to look at boats i had the 212SE in mind. Then we sat in it and for couple more we went to the 250. Super happy with the size choice. Would i like a few more features. Sure. But for the price it wasn’t worth it to go to the 252S or higher for us. We have a 5yr and 2yr old so if were not at the sand bar were floating with the Reef Mat out. I add new speakers, amp, and two subs. Plus all of the other toys you’ll buy with any boat.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
First time owning a boat but basically grew up on a 95 Glastron 21ft ski and fish that we still use today fishing for Salmon on the Sea of Wisconsin 😂
When we went to look at boats i had the 212SE in mind. Then we sat in it and for couple more we went to the 250. Super happy with the size choice. Would i like a few more features. Sure. But for the price it wasn’t worth it to go to the 252S or higher for us. We have a 5yr and 2yr old so if were not at the sand bar were floating with the Reef Mat out. I add new speakers, amp, and two subs. Plus all of the other toys you’ll buy with any boat.
Where did you add the subs? Pics?

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I look at it like I can have an AR250 and a waverunner for the same price as the 252S. I don’t regret my decision but the 252s are nice.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I look at it like I can have an AR250 and a waverunner for the same price as the 252S. I don’t regret my decision but the 252s are nice.
Lol, like my sig... lol

No argument the 252s are really nice, but this is my family's first Jetboat and no one is complaining. On the contrary, all I get are compliments even from other non-jetboaters at the local hangouts here.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Got rid of the waverunner, just didnt use it enough. Ill probably opt for a used 242 in the 2018 range without all the E series stuff.

Brian B

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I thought I didn't need any of the E stuff on a boat...the electronic throttle, single lever options are used all the time. With E throttle on my 16 242x you can set acceleration curve and max speed then just hit WOT and the boat knows what to do. Same pull out of the hole everything for every skier, wakeboarder or wake surfer. Then keeps the speed and manages both engines while under way. I thought it was a waste and boat the 242x for ballast, canopy/tower, solar and found E throttle of the best features. I came from 19 foot 1996 glastron outboard and 21ft 98 chaparral I/O. We almost exclusively surf and fish Havasu now.

Attachments

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
E-Throttle is worse every penny.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Adrian, where did you get your boat? I notice down my way in Naples theres No YamiBoat dealers