• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone getting 2022 Yamaha orders???

bkvargyas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Bummer!

I got this scoop last Wednesday from a Yamaha dealer that I called looking for a 2022 275SD. Yamaha sent an e-mail out to all dealers Wednesday morning telling them whatever boats they had on their lots was the only ones they were getting. There would be no more 2022 beings shipped.

He said the email also said new pricing is still be determined and could be 10 - 15% higher for '23's. They also don't know how many '23's will be built and allocated. The dealer told me they had to tear up $600K in '23 preorders.

I was not planning to get a new boat for another year or so. I just got on the waitlist for a slip at the marina where I live in southwest Florida back in April. They told me it would be a year but they called me a week ago saying they had a slip. I decided to take it and not chance having to wait longer than a year for another slip to come open.

We decided to start looking for boats and the 275SD was on our radar for the last 6 months. Trying to find one was next to impossible. I called the local dealer in Cape Coral, FL and he wouldn't even take my money for a downpayment on a '23 because things are so bad.... and this was before Yamaha sent the email out their dealers. He said pricing was a big unknown as well as how many '23's. He said would get back to me after calling his Yamaha rep..... he never did.

That's when I started calling dealers in the northeast since I am up in PA right now. I found one 275SD in NY but they sales guy said someone was coming in that day to put a deposit down on it. He did me a solid and called a Yamaha Rep he knows well to see if there was anything in the southeast. The Yamaha Rep told him forget it.

I gave the sales guy my name and number and told him to call me if his 275SD deal went south..... about 5 hours later I got his call that the deal fell apart.... and I put down a deposit over the phone.

Not the ideal situation by any means but after hearing about the e-mail I decided I better take it or it could be 9 - 18 months to get a boat. Now I have an 8-hour round trip to pick it up from PA to NY next week..... and then an 18-hour haul to southeast Florida in late October when I head back down. And I'm going to roll the dice and not get permits with the 9' beam.

I thought buying cars was crazy this year but the boat industry is even crazier.
I went to the same (I think) dealer in Cape Coral talking to them about Yamaha. Turns out they have only been selling Yamaha for 1 year. I'm from the Chicago area, but have a need to use it around Sanibel/Captiva. I wanted to go find out if a 252SD would be good for the area, that's when I got the lowdown that Outboards in SW FL are much better then JetBoats, and that JetBoats were for 1st time buyers (which technically I am).

The funny thing is in Aug of 21, I told the dealer I wanted a 275SD, but he talked me into the 252SD. He placed the order for both boats for me (with both my color choices). The 275SD was delivered back in June and had already been sold when I called in March asking if I could switch my order back to the 275SD, my 252SD got scrapped.

I'm still on a waiting list for a dry slip in the Cape/Ft area myself, on a 1 year waitlist. Glad you ended up with a 275SD. I'm not sure what to do at this point.

It's funny, because I also purchased an airplane last year, and went through the exact same headache... I'm now trying to build a hangar at PGD.

RocMOT

Reaction score
Schroon Lake, Adirondacks & Rochester NY.
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Placed an order for a 2022 212SE last July and just got the call that it was officially cancelled. Not much info on what Yamaha is going to do next. Won't even commit to prioritizing any cancelled orders that are rolled over to 2023. Its very possible that I'll have to wait another year for a boat and it might get cancelled again. I understand that a lot of the problems are out of Yamaha's control but they should at least TRY to do right by their customers. I did get confirmation that they will NOT hold the 2022 prices for any cancelled orders. Whatever price increase they decide on, I'll have to pay if I still want the boat.

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I went to the same (I think) dealer in Cape Coral talking to them about Yamaha. Turns out they have only been selling Yamaha for 1 year. I'm from the Chicago area, but have a need to use it around Sanibel/Captiva. I wanted to go find out if a 252SD would be good for the area, that's when I got the lowdown that Outboards in SW FL are much better then JetBoats, and that JetBoats were for 1st time buyers (which technically I am).

The funny thing is in Aug of 21, I told the dealer I wanted a 275SD, but he talked me into the 252SD. He placed the order for both boats for me (with both my color choices). The 275SD was delivered back in June and had already been sold when I called in March asking if I could switch my order back to the 275SD, my 252SD got scrapped.
ar terize
I'm still on a waiting list for a dry slip in the Cape/Ft area myself, on a 1 year waitlist. Glad you ended up with a 275SD. I'm not sure what to do at this point.

It's funny, because I also purchased an airplane last year, and went through the exact same headache... I'm now trying to build a hangar at PGD.

Small world!

I tried to get inside storage at Cape Harbor and they told me they still had people on the waiting list from 2018. They were even reluctant to take my name but they did. I got into Tarpon Point Marina where I live in Cape Coral.

I've owned an outboard as my first boat.... then a Berkley jet boat..... then a Rinker I/O.... then a Yamaha SX192. I personally would not characterize jet boats as a first-timers boat. It comes down to what is most important for your style of boating and specific needs.

I like that jets require far less maintenance than outboards or I/O's. Southwest Florida has some shallow waters... especially depending on the tides and channels... so a jet can be an advantage. If you spend a lot of time on the back of the boat, swim platform and in the water, jet boats are a plus again. Jets are also great if you want to anchor close to the beach.

Sure... jets may be harder on fuel but they get on plane in a hurry too. There can be some seaweed around but the same is true in some lakes and rivers. I've had two jets and boated in some dirty waters and only had to open the clean out port 3 or 4 times across both boats.

Others complain jets are hard to pilot. They are certainly different than an outboard or I/O but it just takes practice and confidence. Watch this video and what this guy can do with a jet and without any modifications. Sure.... there is no wind in this video but wind will give any boat a fit at times.

We like to head to Sanibel Lighthouse Beach and I have seen a few jets there anchoring.... including a 275 rental several times this year. We also go to Lover's Key and hit some restaurants around Ft Myers Beach. We also take runs up the Caloosahatchee river towards Ft Myers.

I think the 252 and 275 would be a fine boat for the waters in southwest Florida.... especially Sanibel. There is a guy on here who has his SX190 there now running around. Heck.... there are pontoon boats running around Sanibel and tiny fishing boats too.... talk about low to the water.

If you plan to run the open waters further away from land, then maybe the 252 / 275 isn't the best choice. But there are guys I've read that run around the Keys and out to the Bahama's too in their Yamaha's too!

I wouldn't go out when the seas are forecasted to be 4 feet or more but in the typical 1.5 - 3' seas down in that area it should do just fine.

Last edited:

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length

This 2022 252SD just posted..... may be worth a look!

Danadavenport

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Placed an order for a 2022 212SE last July and just got the call that it was officially cancelled. Not much info on what Yamaha is going to do next. Won't even commit to prioritizing any cancelled orders that are rolled over to 2023. Its very possible that I'll have to wait another year for a boat and it might get cancelled again. I understand that a lot of the problems are out of Yamaha's control but they should at least TRY to do right by their customers. I did get confirmation that they will NOT hold the 2022 prices for any cancelled orders. Whatever price increase they decide on, I'll have to pay if I still want the boat.

Just my 2 cents from someone who just got a 2022 ar190 after only looking for 3 weeks. I have 3 yamaha dealers within 300 miles and I called them all 1 once a week for 3 weeks. One day when I called my sales rep said that he got one that the customer backed out on and asked if I wanted it. I said yes and I put my deposit down to hold it. He admitted that he had others on the cancelation list before me but since I happen to call he gave me the opportunity. I didnt really care for that business practice but by this point we were finished up with the transaction.

I have a good friend who ordered a Polaris rzr Pro r back in Nov 21 from a dealer. It got pushed back moths at a time and is still scheduled for oct of this year. I told him to call every dealer he was willing to drive to at least once a week to stay in touch. Sure enough after 2 weeks he got one that another customer canceled on.

The point is dont just place an order and wait. Call every dealer and stay on their radar. At the end of the day your specific sales rep may be a great person but the sales manager doesnt care who buys it as long as it sells

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Good advice.....

The local dealer wouldn't even take my money for a deposit. If I didn't start calling around last week, I would have never landed the 275SD and it was the same situation... someone backed out and I happen to be on the phone with the sales guy right when it was happening.

I didn't want to haul it from PA to FL but at this point it is what it is.....

Some dealers just got '22's in the past 10 days... best advice is to start calling and see if you can get lucky like I did.

gunk12

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I second the recommendation for Yamaha jetboats in SWFL. I’m in Cape Coral and take my 242 as far north as Boca Grande and Cayo Costa. Have a 252 on order. There is no other boat that can run in or out of the channels and close to beach without worry.

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I second the recommendation for Yamaha jetboats in SWFL. I’m in Cape Coral and take my 242 as far north as Boca Grande and Cayo Costa. Have a 252 on order. There is no other boat that can run in or out of the channels and close to beach without worry.
Thanks for the vote of confidence Gunk!! I'm feeling better about my decision to purchase the 275SD.

I live over in the Tarpon Point Marina complex and will be docking there. It would be cool to meet up some time since you're in the area and know the waters.

I've rented and been out with some friends a few times so I know the water a little but have a ton more to learn about the area.... especially going from rivers and lakes to Gulf.