• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone have a 2019 190? How is the improved hull and reverse bucket?

Rlc1z

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We are going to buy our first boat sx190 in February at the boat show. There is not much input on them yet and wondering someone has one and can give some opinions on the new hull. Does it ride better or was it just hype? How about the reverse bucket? Did it really improve the reverse stearing? We really can't wait to get our boat!

Peter simon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I got my 2019 190sx a few weeks ago. I did test the 2018 195sx but unless you spend time to get over the "new boat effect" you probably wont be able to tell how the ride or steering is. While it still steers basically like any boat, i can tell it will take practice to gracefully dock but thankfully i have all winter to practice and lots of closed gas docks to practice on. Had no problem steering it right onto the trailer to take out. I can say the ride is 100% smoother and the interior space is huge compared to the 2010 Tahoe Q5 i had before.

Beyond handling, the under console storage on both sides is huge and we keep the included table up all the time. As silly as it sounds, the garbage can under the helm was what sold the wife on the extra few thousand for the 2019.

I dont know how much longer you will be able to find a 2018 as there are few left in NC.

Rlc1z

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow,that sounds great! My wife loves the trash can too,lol. Good to know about the ride!

Peter simon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I should note that the one thing that concerned me and you can see it in another thread here is that the front of the boat does sit kind of low at no wake speeds. It is somewhat of an optical illusion that is looks super low because usually I am siting on the seat bolster when docking or going under bridges. At first i thought maybe the boat had some water in the bow but it was dry. This is probably not not just a 2019 issue. It really makes no difference in a lake or inner coastal, but December we are heading to the Keys and we will see how it is in the gulf as the kids want to snorkle.

Rlc1z

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have saw that in another thread but as you said it ended up being a optical illusion.

Richardb

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bought my 2019 AR190 Black in October and was at first nervous about the overall speed and maneuverability, but after 10 hours of both freshwater smooth and saltwater chop it handles beautifully. Some videos out there trying to compare the turn radius with competition, but honestly once you learn to drive it like a jet boat and not a prop boat, it turns on a dime. I can sit and spin in a circle both foward and reverse for super easy docking. Power is plenty pulling tubes and wakeboards. For fishing it runs lite in skinny water and I love the back deck. I replaced the cup holders with a cup/rod holder combo and added rod holders on the tower.

I love the complete packaging Yamaha gives you with everything you need and the stereo and on-board computer is pretty slick. My only complaint is that I had to install a fish finder/GPS Plotter system. I wish they would have included it for a little more money.

Rlc1z

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bought my 2019 AR190 Black in October and was at first nervous about the overall speed and maneuverability, but after 10 hours of both freshwater smooth and saltwater chop it handles beautifully. Some videos out there trying to compare the turn radius with competition, but honestly once you learn to drive it like a jet boat and not a prop boat, it turns on a dime. I can sit and spin in a circle both foward and reverse for super easy docking. Power is plenty pulling tubes and wakeboards. For fishing it runs lite in skinny water and I love the back deck. I replaced the cup holders with a cup/rod holder combo and added rod holders on the tower.

I love the complete packaging Yamaha gives you with everything you need and the stereo and on-board computer is pretty slick. My only complaint is that I had to install a fish finder/GPS Plotter system. I wish they would have included it for a little more money.
Thanks for the the info. We ordered our new sx190 and it's supposed to be here this month. I'm sure that I'm putting on the cobra steering fins that are now available for the 2019's. I also wished they would have offered a fish finder combo as I'm going to do a indash Garmin echomap 53cv in it. Maccam26 did one in his boat so I know it will fit. So where did you get the cup/rod holder combo? How hard were they to install? I'd really like to have those on the back of the boat.

Richardb

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the the info. We ordered our new sx190 and it's supposed to be here this month. I'm sure that I'm putting on the cobra steering fins that are now available for the 2019's. I also wished they would have offered a fish finder combo as I'm going to do a indash Garmin echomap 53cv in it. Maccam26 did one in his boat so I know it will fit. So where did you get the cup/rod holder combo? How hard were they to install? I'd really like to have those on the back of the boat.
https://www.amazon.com/Mate-Plastic-Rod-Cup-Holder/dp/B00NYD0NNE/ref=asc_df_B00NYD0NNE/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312125955110&hvpos=1o4&hvnetw=g&hvrand=961227752637526805&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9012161&hvtargid=pla-569472787614&psc=1
15 degree for back and straight for front. Install is fairly simple switch out except the drain tubing needed some creativity.

I got the Garmin 74cv for (saltwater) install was pretty straight forward. Mounted transducer to the lower plate in lieu of sinking holes in the transom. Surface mount to the dash

Gratz on your purchase.

Rlc1z

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the link! Wow,the 74cv fit in the dash?! Do you have any pics of it. I'd love to have the larger one if they fit.

Richardb

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No the curve of the dash would have been odd fit and there are two thicker parts behind it that you would have to deal with. I settled on the installing mount in front of phone and moving phone. I do recommend the plate mount for the transduncer next to the fin. Running full and no feedback

Rlc1z

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No the curve of the dash would have been odd fit and there are two thicker parts behind it that you would have to deal with. I settled on the installing mount in front of phone and moving phone. I do recommend the plate mount for the transduncer next to the fin. Running full and no feedback
Where did you get the mounting plate for the transducer?

Richardb

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
1 x 2 plastic moulding routed 3/8 center for cable 5200 on PREPPED surface with through hull seal for transducer cable. Inside i ran the cable up with the steering cables (you will need a short fish). Dash removed phone mount and used the two existing holes to 3/4 inch holes to run power and cable through. Used rubber grommets to neaten up the holes. Mounted gps to surface and spliced power into the lighter socket. Took about 2 hours to do with two people. Wasn't hard, we were just taking our time making sure not to drill through one of the ribs on the jet pump plate and we needed to make a home depot run for longer bolts.

I hope that helps

http://www.fawcettboat.com/pc_product_detail.asp?key=FC29214832C842F3925A85ED54D3DDA8&_vsrefdom=adwords&gclid=CjwKCAiAyMHhBRBIEiwAkGN6fIu0J-fJpmWzOYSSwJESzZgLoYo8adayXDM9n6fhReIntBKoOOkqzRoCSCwQAvD_BwE
20190105_094142.jpg

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
1 x 2 plastic moulding routed 3/8 center for cable 5200 on PREPPED surface with through hull seal for transducer cable. Inside i ran the cable up with the steering cables (you will need a short fish). Dash removed phone mount and used the two existing holes to 3/4 inch holes to run power and cable through. Used rubber grommets to neaten up the holes. Mounted gps to surface and spliced power into the lighter socket. Took about 2 hours to do with two people. Wasn't hard, we were just taking our time making sure not to drill through one of the ribs on the jet pump plate and we needed to make a home depot run for longer bolts.

I hope that helps

http://www.fawcettboat.com/pc_product_detail.asp?key=FC29214832C842F3925A85ED54D3DDA8&_vsrefdom=adwords&gclid=CjwKCAiAyMHhBRBIEiwAkGN6fIu0J-fJpmWzOYSSwJESzZgLoYo8adayXDM9n6fhReIntBKoOOkqzRoCSCwQAvD_BwE
View attachment 86279
Sorry, I'm just going to be honest, I would not want to have a wire and a huge transducer attached to the ride plate...
I've seen installs where the transducer was epoxied flat to the plate, but even that would cause a lot of turbulence. Keep in mind, at WOT the boat literally rides on that plate/surface.

--

Richardb

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Transducer is bolted to the ride plate, in case that was misunderstood

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
in case that was misunderstood
I think I got it right. My concern is with riding on top, quite literally in this case, of the cable (criss-crossing the ride plate) and the transducer assembly. My concern may turn out to be completely misguided, and I hope it is!
Please keep us posted how this holds up over time, if it works and holds up - it could be a great install.

--

Emptytemples

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wondering how much of the "rooster tail effect" this will cause since it is fully in the water on plane. Usually they are designed to skim the water I believe? I do like the look and would rather that than drilling into hull. I may have removed stickers beforehand but that's just me. I applaud trying something new.

Richardb

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was worried about the unit impeding the water flow impacting the turn, but havent notice any negative effects. I agree with the sticker, and have since cleaned it up more.

Chucksx190

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

I hope that helps

View attachment 86279
I mounted my depth finder sensor just like you. Do you have any issues with the depth finder cutting out? Mine seems to not work under 10mph and if the water is shallower then 5 feet it cuts out also. I’m trying to find out if it’s the depth finder or the way I mounted it.