• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone have a 2019 190? How is the improved hull and reverse bucket?

Richardb

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Works like a dream at any speed or depth. Hoping it works out, but this is how the dealership mounts them

Rushfan67

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
I picked up my SX190 2 weeks ago and have been out twice. Prepping for a move to S.C. so have had limited time to get out on the boat. I have struggled so far in learning the the jet boat in’s and out’s for docking and trailer loading. Have had I/O in every one of my previous boats. Not sure how it is compared to the previous models but I can say that other than just the learning curve of docking and loading I absolutely love the boat. Like many others have stated the storage is amazing on the boat and Yamaha has done a great job with this boat. Going to keep practicing and thanks to several members on the forum I have gotten great recommendations on how to get better at the process. Best of luck and congratulations on the boat. You will love it!

Peter simon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes. All the videos i have watched and i still struggle with docking. The reverse is not very intuitive. Kind of like backing a trailer. Turn the opposite way you think you should. When i took a test with the dealer he showed me how to come into the dock turn head on and kind of uturn into the dock. I have not been able to recreate it. He promised to go out with me when the weather warms up and get me to where i nail it every time..

The loading and unloading have been very easy. At the 3 ramps i have used i can basically float it off. I have learned when loading it i keep the trailer a foot or 2 further up the ramp, then just use no wake mode. The boat ends up 6 inches from the roller and gets aligned properly on the trailer bunks. I have owned a boat before but never trailered it before this one.

Peter simon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Where in SC? I am in NC but use lake Wylie regularly. Just asking because there is space at my marine..

Richardb

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats! I find at the dock, less is more. The boat responds very well to low throttle and yes the steering is tricky until you get it, so practice lots when the ramp is not busy. Its worth the extra 10-15 minutes to improve. You'll find the boat docks so much easier than any outboard once you get it.

brettw

Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm considering this boat as I need one to fit in my garage. I currently have a 1999 Nautique 176 (17.5' long). I'll use it mostly with the family for AirChair, Wakeboard, wakesurfing, and some skiing. So how is the wake for water skiing? My wife would be the main one doing it and is a very low key slow skier but still doesn't want some huge hump to ski. How is the wake at about 30mph? Anyone have any pics or can get some at that speed?

Richardb

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is a photo at around 23mph knee boarding
Screenshot_20190124-145253_Gallery.jpg

Emptytemples

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yea same as above. Especially with no ballast or anything and a regular load of ppl and gear at 30 the wake is non existent. Very manageable for skiing. Should feel quite roomier than your 17.5 foot boat now as well.

ythao559

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think I got it right. My concern is with riding on top, quite literally in this case, of the cable (criss-crossing the ride plate) and the transducer assembly. My concern may turn out to be completely misguided, and I hope it is!
Please keep us posted how this holds up over time, if it works and holds up - it could be a great install.

--
Transducer.jpg

That's my setup since I got my boat for 1 year now. I bolted it down inline with the keel/rudder.

No impact to the boat's performance. No rooster tail. Best of all, no drilling into boat hull and the wire is routed up through the wet compartment drain so no worries about wire dragging in the water.

Transducer is always under water with clearance on both sides so side-imaging isn't compromised and depth reading working at higher speeds (~25mph+, depending on water condition and depth).

Transducer is protected when beaching boat stern first.

brettw

Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yea same as above. Especially with no ballast or anything and a regular load of ppl and gear at 30 the wake is non existent. Very manageable for skiing. Should feel quite roomier than your 17.5 foot boat now as well.
Okay, thanks. That's good to know. The 23 mph wake looks fairly small and similar to what I've got now. The Nautique I have now has a bit of a bump at 30 mph, so as long as this boat is anywhere close, that's good enough for the wife. I'm leaning more towards selling mine and getting the AR190. The extra room and less maintenance with salt water are HUGE plusses. Even with thorough flushings, salt water has been a very costly menace on my inboard.

Rlc1z

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
View attachment 87569

That's my setup since I got my boat for 1 year now. I bolted it down inline with the keel/rudder.

No impact to the boat's performance. No rooster tail. Best of all, no drilling into boat hull and the wire is routed up through the wet compartment drain so no worries about wire dragging in the water.

Transducer is always under water with clearance on both sides so side-imaging isn't compromised and depth reading working at higher speeds (~25mph+, depending on water condition and depth).

Do you have any pics of how you ran the wire? Looking to do mine like yours.

ythao559

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you have any pics of how you ran the wire? Looking to do mine like yours.
Unfortunately I don't since it's sealed underneath the wet compartment. I pretty much routed the cable through the wet storage drain hose. I had to cut the hose and fit a Y-Splitter tube to allow the cable to escape from the hose to the head unit. Silicone where the cable leaves the Y-tube so water from the wet storage drain does not go into your bilge.

To be able to do this, I had to cut the transducer cable, route it and then solder/heat shrink. I made sure I had enough slack before cutting the cable. No side effect from cutting and re-soldering the transducer cable. If its a new fish finder, I would make sure its working before cutting the cable :).

Rlc1z

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
View attachment 87569

Where did you get the transducer mount that you used? Getting things ready for install.

ythao559

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

chrisinslc

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is there going to be a problem if you ever have to work on the jet nozzle or pump? Will you be able to get the nozzle/pump out of the boat without interfering with the wiring of the transducer?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is there going to be a problem if you ever have to work on the jet nozzle or pump? Will you be able to get the nozzle/pump out of the boat without interfering with the wiring of the transducer?
Looks like the cable is just ziptied to the long bolts that mount the venturi nozzle and wear ring to the transom plate.
Should be easy undo/redo.

--