• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

anyone have a hotrod?

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i have seen a thread on bikes and boats and guns and guitars, howabout horods?

71 502" BBC, ROD, 3:08 rear 14 point cage 2800 lbs... retired now but ran SCCA X prepared.... yeah well so I needed something to do after retiring from motorcycle racing... to may trick pieces to list...

IMG_5191.JPG2014-01-17 (1).jpgIMG_5186.JPGIMAG0233.jpgIMAG0027_small.jpgDSC00596.JPGDSC00486.JPG

GT5 Car.jpg
OLSREARFULL.jpg

Mumfold Link.JPG
Not quite a Hot Rod, but it goes fast and handles like it is on rails....

This is my full tube frame CRX built for SCCA GT5/GT4/GT3/GTL. 1.6L DOHC engine (turbo or non turbo depending on the class), 5 speed straight cut dog box with interchangeable gears, 9.5" wide Goodyear slicks, custom dual a-arm front suspension, custom Mumford Link dual trailing arm rear suspension. Dry Weight about 1,500 lbs and the NA motor puts out about 235 HP to the ground.

Does this count? CT4 BlackWing

Attachments

• Caddy.png
    Caddy.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
View attachment 190048
View attachment 190049

View attachment 190050
Not quite a Hot Rod, but it goes fast and handles like it is on rails....

This is my full tube frame CRX built for SCCA GT5/GT4/GT3/GTL. 1.6L DOHC engine (turbo or non turbo depending on the class), 5 speed straight cut dog box with interchangeable gears, 9.5" wide Goodyear slicks, custom dual a-arm front suspension, custom Mumford Link dual trailing arm rear suspension. Dry Weight about 1,500 lbs and the NA motor puts out about 235 HP to the ground.

very cool I built my own front suspension tubular control arms shock tower braces, caliper carriers... and I built a custom rear suspension.. a 6 link that is instantaneous center adjustable for road racing and drag racing, fully adjustable and it removes the half shafts from the active suspension control... hence they are telescoping... cut the bushings off and replaced with spherical Johnny joints, rifle drilled all the pivot bolts so they are greaseable, I have a ROD 6 speed close ratio (not really needed with a BBC for racing) with a 3.27 low and 0.80 6th and a 3.08:1 rear gear so it makes it completely streetable with a tight 4 speed trans in the middle... Richmond gear was the only trans option at the time that said they could take 600+ tq continuously with a 0.80 OD gear set...

DSC00456.JPGDSC00457.JPGDSC004771.JPGDSC00540.JPGDSC00541.JPGDSC00542.JPGDSC00543.JPGDSC005641.JPGDSC00565.JPG

Last edited:
Depends on your definition of hot rod but I’m working on finishing two muscle cars.
My dads 69 Chevelle and my 67 mustang.

Chevelles got a 454 and the Mustang has a 90’s 5.0 (converted to a carb).

Both have fairly extensive suspension and steering mods.

4342E646-C87C-4C86-BF80-C79FC07A7703.jpegF1CDA7E3-3FF2-4858-9528-B6FF40DB3771.jpeg

I have a horod too...it's my boat...attracts ho's from all over...

:D
boats and Ho's some have HO already on the Side!

German Hot Rod
Screenshot_20221020-222449.png

had an 2005 E55 AMG for a bunch of years...

I had a 2008 vette, but sold it when the used market blew up. I really didn't drive her that much anymore because my F150 is pretty dang quick and less conspicuous.

2 vettes and the tbss. Don't really consider them hot rods though. Needs to look like a hot wheels car to me for that lol. They're just fast.

I am aiming for a 992.2. That will be my hotrod lol.

I inquired at the Porsche dealer about a new 992 manual. They said if I ordered then I could expect it in about 2 years. No thanks to that.

I inquired at the Porsche dealer about a new 992 manual. They said if I ordered then I could expect it in about 2 years. No thanks to that.

Times are coming down quite a bit. ADM is disappearing too. It’s also strongly model dependent…. Want a GT3 good luck.

Last edited:
Times are coming down quite a bit. ADM is disappearing too. It’s also strongly model dependent…. Want a GT3 good luck.

Yeah I think the ma ual is only available with the Carrera S, and so that wasn't helping matter.

Yeah I think the ma ual is only available with the Carrera S, and so that wasn't helping matter.
VW says no newly designed cars released after this year will have manuals. They are disappearing from BMW’s as well.

Also not a hot rod but I just bought this 530xi with 74k miles for only 5k… was cheap in part because it’s a manual but mostly because it’s an off warranty BMW.

Wasn’t really looking but could not pass it up.
A534CD73-F2F3-4E16-BDFF-112C0000A53C.jpeg

Back