• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

anyone have a hotrod?

VW says no newly designed cars released after this year will have manuals. They are disappearing from BMW’s as well.

It's not a sports car IMO without at least.offering a manual. I can get an auto in a sport sedan or sport suv or similar, but in a 2 door there is no excuse to not offer a manual, and that'd be the only version I would consider.

i have seen a thread on bikes and boats and guns and guitars, howabout horods?

71 502" BBC, ROD, 3:08 rear 14 point cage 2800 lbs... retired now but ran SCCA X prepared.... yeah well so I needed something to do after retiring from motorcycle racing... to may trick pieces to list...

View attachment 190020View attachment 190021View attachment 190022View attachment 190023View attachment 190024View attachment 190025View attachment 190026
Resized_20220501_140750.jpeg
Resized_20220501_140710(1).jpeg
IMG_6597(1).jpg
My son's car now.He and I purchased the car together with the intent of it being his first car. We started with the usually first mods and he paid for the first mods as a 14 year old himself. Once he held up his end. I sent it to a buddy to have a full exhaust system. Longtube headers catted , ford racing x-pipe, borla s-type. VMP tuned 91 to E all dynoed tuned with radials. Oh yeah forgot about the chicane 23 carbon hood wrapped in satin black. Bronze pp2 replica wheels wrapped in 285/35/19 front and 305/35/19 rears. I ran 10s the day Kyle from 1320 took a Pic in the car and us. He races it on the weekends on 91 tune. Now he's bugging me about driving it more miles. So we did paint correction last weekend and swapped out tires until his 16th birthday this spring.

Attachments

• Attachment(1).jpg
    Attachment(1).jpg
    270.9 KB · Views: 11
View attachment 190502
View attachment 190503
View attachment 190504
My son's car now.He and I purchased the car together with the intent of it being his first car. We started with the usually first mods and he paid for the first mods as a 14 year old himself. Once he held up his end. I sent it to a buddy to have a full exhaust system. Longtube headers catted , ford racing x-pipe, borla s-type. VMP tuned 91 to E all dynoed tuned with radials. Oh yeah forgot about the chicane 23 carbon hood wrapped in satin black. Bronze pp2 replica wheels wrapped in 285/35/19 front and 305/35/19 rears. I ran 10s the day Kyle from 1320 took a Pic in the car and us. He races it on the weekends on 91 tune. Now he's bugging me about driving it more miles. So we did paint correction last weekend and swapped out tires until his 16th birthday this spring.

Sweet ride, but man giving a 16 year old a 10 second car screams bad idea lol. Hopefully he doesn't hold true to the Mustang owner narrative.

It's not a sports car IMO without at least.offering a manual. I can get an auto in a sport sedan or sport suv or similar, but in a 2 door there is no excuse to not offer a manual, and that'd be the only version I would consider.
I love to drive stick and grew up in the late 70's with 3 and 4 speed manual transmissions.

With modern cars, however, it hard to get the same performance as one could get with an automatic. Love the new C8 vette and IMHO it would be hard for someone to say it isn't a sport car since it comes with the 8 speed automatic.

Jim

I love to drive stick and grew up in the late 70's with 3 and 4 speed manual transmissions.

With modern cars, however, it hard to get the same performance as one could get with an automatic. Love the new C8 vette and IMHO it would be hard for someone to say it isn't a sport car since it comes with the 8 speed automatic.

Jim

The C8 is the poster child for losing your sports car card. The C8 lost its way, becoming a cheap copy of a lambo, with none of the charm. Sure, it's fast, but so is a Tesla or a trackhawk, neither of those are sports cars. Now that performance has become so commonplace, you have to deliver a sports car experience to be a sports car.

There's a reason that anything fun with a manual has skyrocketed on the used market. True car people are voting with their wallets, buying things that may not be as fast but deliver experience. There's a lot of people who fake it and will buy autos still, but autos aren't for sports cars, they're for daily drivers.

After a long week of driving the daily with backseat and hauling kids around and all that, I can't imagine wanting to get into my toy car and it take away some of that pleasurable experience, regardless of how much faster the auto is.

Sweet ride, but man giving a 16 year old a 10 second car screams bad idea lol. Hopefully he doesn't hold true to the Mustang owner narrative.

I wasn't gonna be the guy that said it, but yeah. Trust me, fast cars + youth ends in only 1 place.

I wasn't gonna be the guy that said it, but yeah. Trust me, fast cars + youth ends in only 1 place.

Around here - they typically all own the same type of car too.

The C8 is the poster child for losing your sports car card. The C8 lost its way, becoming a cheap copy of a lambo, with none of the charm. Sure, it's fast, but so is a Tesla or a trackhawk, neither of those are sports cars. Now that performance has become so commonplace, you have to deliver a sports car experience to be a sports car.

There's a reason that anything fun with a manual has skyrocketed on the used market. True car people are voting with their wallets, buying things that may not be as fast but deliver experience. There's a lot of people who fake it and will buy autos still, but autos aren't for sports cars, they're for daily drivers.

After a long week of driving the daily with backseat and hauling kids around and all that, I can't imagine wanting to get into my toy car and it take away some of that pleasurable experience, regardless of how much faster the auto is.
Different strokes for different folks. ?‍♂️

Learned to drive with a manual (3 speed on the column) 45+ years ago. Driven a lot of vehicles over the years. For me, the joy of driving isn't limited to just manually shifting. I could equally enjoy driving a new C8 vette or a 1960 Austin Healey.

It's nice to have choices.

Jim

lol but I'll bet my ratty old C3 will set off more car alarms just idling through the parking lot I built custom 4" ID glass pack sidepipe mufflers and any less ID lost power... we had a ton of really fun cars to drive through the shop over the years... two that stand out was a 61 corvette vert with a 283 factory 2 x 4's and a 3 speed base trans... we refreshed the 283 and put a ~duntov spec cam in it and it was a blast to drive... it called out for a 5 or 6 speed and better brakes but the motor was a dream... we also had a mid 90's Jag XJS 2 door coupe with a LS7 454 GM crate motor in it that was absolutely scary...

Different strokes for different folks. ?‍♂️

Learned to drive with a manual (3 speed on the column) 45+ years ago. Driven a lot of vehicles over the years. For me, the joy of driving isn't limited to just manually shifting. I could equally enjoy driving a new C8 vette or a 1960 Austin Healey.

It's nice to have choices.

Jim

I agree, that's why you only lose sports car status if you dont.offer the manual, lol.

Around here - they typically all own the same type of car too.

When I last lived in south FL it was the bmw 335i. Every dumbest teenager or early.20s kid had their daddy buy them a 335i, they all had vape pens, obnoxious exhausts, and tunes. They all blew the motors up too, lol.

I suspect the dbag car of choice has changed since then, that was 10 years ago. Last time I visited it seemed that there was a switch to Tesla model S for that demographic, but no idea what it is now, we rarely go back down to PBC.

He will be good. He has been dirt/road racing since he was 10. Started drag racing at 14, while racing the spec car at Hallet. He is my,Randy the rule follower. He will not street race on the weekends. He is usually track racing somewhere.
20221104_082315.jpg
His tire room at the office. Forgestar beadlocks wrapped w/ MT drag radials, and PP2 with Nittos for Hallet (will be going back to Michelin cup2 for next season). I help him, but he insists on trying to save and pay for all of it himself. Which is the other reason I trust him. He is financially invested in this car and knows I will yank a ride. He saw his sister's car get taken from her and sold. Oh yeah , its a 2019 Mustang GT PP1 dyno'ed 508 whp on E-85.
20221104_083926.jpg

Last edited:
He will be good. He has been dirt/road racing since he was 10. Started drag racing at 14, while racing the spec car at Hallet. He is my,Randy the rule follower. He will not street race on the weekends. He is usually track racing somewhere.
View attachment 190565
His tire room at the office. Forgestar beadlocks wrapped w/ MT drag radials, and PP2 with Nittos for Hallet (will be going back to Michelin cup2 for next season). I help him, but he insists on trying to save and pay for all of it himself. Which is the other reason I trust him. He is financially invested in this car and knows I will yank a ride. He saw his sister's car get taken from her and sold. Oh yeah , its a 2019 Mustang GT PP1 dyno'ed 508 whp on E-85.

That's great to hear. Sounds like I'm going to get some parenting notes from you lol.

That's great to hear. Sounds like I'm going to get some parenting notes from you lol.
Oh, for your kiddo on the way? Yeah, well every kid is different. He is the youngest of 4. So, have had 3 of chances to mess up before we messed him up. Seriously though we just work off of mutual respect.

64 1/2 convertible, 347, 4 speed- period correct restoration

Plus two stroke boats smell better in the morning!

F478FF00-88F4-45FA-8717-0D08AFCD80DF.gif

Back