• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone have experience with this performance chip? Magnum tuning

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I’m curious, did you get any response? Seems like an interesting product

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You couldn't pay me to run that device. While they do have the clearest explanation of what they are doing, it doesn't make it a good idea. A computer controlled fuel injection system is like any other computer program. Garbage in/ Garbage Out......feed that program incorrect data, and it will make incorrect decisions.

Basically the company above is intercepting the signal from various sensors to get the ECU to run on a different portion of the factory fuel map. I've used devices like these in the past on other vehicles, and they add very little if any benefit in terms of horsepower/torque. If any gains are seen, it's within margin of error of the measurement device, and can be attributed to any number of variables.

A proper re-mapping software is the appropriate way to adjust fueling/timing on any EFI setup. This will come from a reputable tuner via a software reflash on the ECU.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's a pipe dream to think you'll gain any speed from it... any gains to engine performance seem to get lost at pumps on these boats. I think pump efficiency takes first precedence in improving superc and perfomance. Being that pump volume and hull design are in direct opposition to horsepower gains. If these boats were operating with the size pumps from the SVHO equip 195's you'd have a lot more potential for gains to translate.

In terms of engine perfomance and throttle response, I think the route @swatski went with the Maptuner has probably the proven the most successful. However, I speed was not the primary objective.