• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone have pics of their boat with the windows removed?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just wondering for those that had their windows tinted if you happened to have a pic of the boat with the windows removed? What all is holding them in place? I looked at the windows today and I see there are sections of metal braces connecting the front windshield to the side windows. Surely that can't be lol that's holding it together? I then looked under the rear storage areas and I can see a small nut, washer and bolt at the top of the gunnel. Is there some sort of track or frame the side windows sit in? Also while inspecting the glass I noticed that my starboard side window has a little play compared to the port side. If I push and pull the top for eh side window I can see some play in between those angled metal braces. All of the screws are tight so how can I take up that slop? Maybe remove the braces and add some rubber gasket material in between to take up the slop? I was thinking of maybe removing all of my windows and taking them to a buddy who does window tinting but I don't know how involved of a process it is to remove the glass or where to begin without breaking the glass lol.

Just remove the top rail and the glass comes right out. Have help so you don’t lose one of the side panes to the ground.

Thank you for those pics!

Back