• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone know how to bypass the Hatch Interlock Switch so the engine will run?

joe coleman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Thanks again for the suggestion
I opened the plug, all looked in good condition, no burns or anything, cleaned with WD-40, put it back together and still nothing.
Both engines turn over fine, just no spark

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Can you confirm the order of the coils in the wire harness? You have the coils in the correct order?

Another thought, can you check continuity of the white wires on the kill switch? Making sure there is no continuity between the wires on the kill switch? (Not because of the kill switch, but check there to confirm there is nowhere else that is causing it?

I think YDS to check what the computer is thinking would be a good next step if these don't yield results.

joe coleman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
WOW, OK, I have no idea HOW to check the "order of the coils" and even if I did, I do NOT know the correct order
HOWEVER
I do know how to check the white wire continuity and I'll do that first thing tomorrow.

Thanks every for pitching in.
I've an appointment with the engine shop on Monday but I'm trying to avoid that bill.
Wish me luck

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The coils are connected to the wire harness and should be in order/sequence. Make sure the coil order matches the wire order

joe coleman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Good morning everyone
Well It finally stopped raining and I tried all the suggestions I could understand and I give up.
Boat goes to the professionals on Friday.
I expect it will be a month or so before I hear from them, yes, they are that backed up
HOWEVER
Once they fix it, I will post whatever they found.
Thanks again for all your assistance and help.
Joe

joe coleman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Well - boat is fixed and I should have listened to you all.

The suggestion for bypassing the back deck safeties was correct. Join the two brown wires to bypass the starter safety and then make sure White and Black wires are isolated to bypass the spark part of the equation.

Mechanic did it and boat runs like a champ.

Thanks again for the help.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So he left it bypassed for you?

Nobody else drives my boat, and I'm the only one ever putting my hand down there... But I still take great precautions at any time I need to use the clean out because I do have them bypassed. I recognize it is a risk like taking the guard from the saw. It could go seeing very quickly if you are not paying attention. Glad you got it fixed.

joe coleman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Yes, forever bypassed
and
Not to worry in this case because my clean-out access ports are corroded so much, I cannot get them out.

Thanks again EVERYONE