• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Anyone know where I can get this setup ?

I am only bringing this up due to a discussion that was had concerning those expandable hoses. Many members on here seemed to believe that the expandable hose did not provide enough pressure to circulate the water through the engine and that a normal hose was needed/recommended. This is what made me think of the funnel as not having enough pressure, regardless you are probably not running the engine long enough anyway that any damage could occur.

I understand that, but when i see antifreeze coming out of the pee hole which is higher then the engine, i think it's going to be all threw the engine as well.

My 2 cents: Save your money folks.

-40 Deg F here in WI for a week and a half. I'm in indoor un-heated storage so it was probably -39.5 Deg F in there.

3 winters of this and no issues.

I rev the motors to blow the water out. I don't go nuts when I blow them out. I just start and rev them a few times. Then I do the other winterization stuff (which - of course - is mostly removing equipment from the boat). Right before I yank the battery I follow Yamaha fogging procedure (spray fog into the intakes of engines when they are not running) then fire up and rev a couple more times.

Done. Of course, as always, do whatever helps you sleep through that long cold winter.

That's pretty much what I do and I live up North by you. I did take all the seat cushions out since they are easy to remove. I put them in the house. I fogged the engines and took out the batteries. I'm sure there is still some water in the system but it will expand through any enclosure as it freezes.

That's pretty much what I do and I live up North by you. I did take all the seat cushions out since they are easy to remove. I put them in the house. I fogged the engines and took out the batteries. I'm sure there is still some water in the system but it will expand through any enclosure as it freezes. I see tons of boats left outside all winter and they are covered with a tarp. I think any wear issues would be seats and cushions versus motor wear. And we all see boats that are 40yrs old that were never winterized and they are still running. I would be more concerned about cosmetic issues instead of mechanical issues if my boat was left out all winter.

So if I fog and put antifreeze in..I would fog First, then the antifreeze? Not sure the process for the two?

So if I fog and put antifreeze in..I would fog First, then the antifreeze? Not sure the process for the two?

I do it at the same time.....with pump on pumping antifreeze into the motor I fog until it quits with my hand on the cord to unplug the pump as soon as it does shut off.

I don't antifreeze, because then I can laugh at the I/O guys who say "get a real boat" all summer long under their breath, then take their I/O for a $300+ winterization process!

I use the antifreeze as an anti corrosion piece of mind. Ive seen aluminum look pretty nasty after long periods of water use. I know everything gets a nice coat of antifreeze when I put her to sleep in the winter.

2 Minnesota winters with no anti-freeze and no problems. I have poured some in my water tank and pumped through the hose but nothing through the engine.

Back