• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone modified a trailer for garage height???

Slack

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have to remove my tower before I can put it in my garage for the winter.

- Disconnect tower light connector. I actually moved my disconnect connector to the pivot point of the tower for easier disconnection.
- You need at lease 2 people, 3 would be ideal. One person on each side and one holding the top of the tower with the tower in the lowered position. All persons will need to support the weight of the tower at some point in the process.
- Remove aluminum block from each side that holds the limiting cable.
- Remove the E-clip from each side, punch out the pins in the pivot point.
- Once pin is removed, simply lift and remove. I had to give mine a good tug the first time.

I hope this helps. It’s not bad when you have 3 people.

GoVols01

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That can't be good for the tires' life expectancy.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That can't be good for the tires' life expectancy.
100% agreed. In all honesty deflating and inflating tires gets very quickly. But for winter storage it is worth the trouble. I would personally go with 13 inch tires and simply use the stock 14inch tires for long hauls.
Until he gets the boat home though it is all a guess game

Augieol65

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Or if anyone else wants to go through some work to help a stranger... Lol

All I need is someone with a 210/212 boat to measure a distance on the boat right at the tower base from the ground then air the tires down and measure again and see how much height it lost. I know I'm asking a ton guys, I just want to make sure before 16 hours on the road and $50k later. THANKS!!!!
Sorry I would have done this for ya but I’m out of town this weekend.

GoVols01

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Another thing my trailer repair shop suggested was an air suspension for the trailer. It could be aired up at the house once the boat is pulled out of the garage and then deflated once it needs to go back into the garage. You don't necessarily need an air compressor on the tow vehicle, depending on the setup.

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
2017s will be gone soon.

Suggestion...buy the one you found and get some covered external storage close to your favorite lake until you get the height sorted out. You can probably find something for $50 a month

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
2017s will be gone soon.

Suggestion...buy the one you found and get some covered external storage close to your favorite lake until you get the height sorted out. You can probably find something for $50 a month
That is actually exactly what I have done. Went ahead an pulled the trigger on a 2017 212X. The 212 LTDS that was only an hour and a half away got sold before I could get to it. So, I am heading to VA (7 hour drive) next Friday to pick it up. I have a backup plan on storage near my lake for $85/month IF I need it. My brother measured on his boat which has a different size wheel and tire (175/80/13) and his lowered right at 3" so I am still hopeful.

The air ride is an interesting idea I never thought of that I will look into as well.

GoVols01

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat! Before pull your new trailer on a long interstate haul, make sure the dealer preps it for this haul. Make sure the bearing housings on each hub are completely full of grease and all tires are aired to the correct PSI.

When I bought my '14 Regal, I was astonished to find many of the lug nuts were loose and tires were 15 PSI too low after I hauled it 1.5 hours home.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I keep seeing conflicting information. Did the 2017 212X come standard with wakeboard racks or do they have to be purchased? Thanks!

GoVols01

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I keep seeing conflicting information. Did the 2017 212X come standard with wakeboard racks or do they have to be purchased? Thanks!
Mine came with 2 swivel racks, but I traded one out for a kneeboard rack through the dealer.

Mxracerzero

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone have a measurement of the lowest height achieved on the trailer with the tower lowered? I am currently interested in an AR195, AR210, or a used 212 limited s. I know the 195 tower can be lowered by extending the straps to fit below a 7 foot door but what about the 210 or 212? Also could the tower from an Ar210 be easily swapped to a limited?

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Does anyone have a measurement of the lowest height achieved on the trailer with the tower lowered? I am currently interested in an AR195, AR210, or a used 212 limited s. I know the 195 tower can be lowered by extending the straps to fit below a 7 foot door but what about the 210 or 212? Also could the tower from an Ar210 be easily swapped to a limited?
@Augieol65 measured his 2017 212LTDS for me and with the tower folded all the way down (straps removed) he got to 91". I was working with him on this trying to find a way to fit a 212LTDS in my garage but then it got sold and I ended up with a 212X with racks on the tower and that threw me too high to try to squeeze in now. I'm currently getting estimates to raise my garage height but it is very complicated being a brick house.

Dough

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Nailed it in the first post! Rock on!

Augieol65

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Augieol65 measured his 2017 212LTDS for me and with the tower folded all the way down (straps removed) he got to 91". I was working with him on this trying to find a way to fit a 212LTDS in my garage but then it got sold and I ended up with a 212X with racks on the tower and that threw me too high to try to squeeze in now. I'm currently getting estimates to raise my garage height but it is very complicated being a brick house.
I’d happily take those racks for ya so you could fit it in

Mxracerzero

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think I will just go with the 19 foot to be safe for now

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is this safe?
Welllllll I am sure it cannot be good for the tires.
I did have a blow out on passenger rear tires about 1 later. Not sure if that deflation would have caused it.

Currently I am rebuilding my garage to be able to slide in the boat.