• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone Mounted a Minn Kota Talon on a FSH yet?

Kahuna Khris

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Here is a photo of my Ultera, same as my micro pole, I just used an oversized backing plate. Unlike some of the others I've seen, I mounted the quick release plate to the boat, the fabricated the larger plater to the upper section. This set up allows me to remove the motor quickly, and only be left with the small plate on my bow. This motor is the 112lb/36 volt. I put 2 batteries forward in the locker, and the 3rd in the storage in front of the live well. I use the ram mounts to stop the bounce when I'm running, and everything is well balanced. View attachment 59170
Like the ram mount. Is that a special attachment for that motor? What is it called and where did you get it?

Dwayne Henderson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
It's the tough claw by RAM, I used 2 and the connector between them. I attached on end to the grab handle on the boat and set the motor shaft in the other. It takes all the bounce out when I'm running. you have to push the motor shaft down into it, but I like how secure it is. When I want the motor off, this simple comes off the handle , and the boat is clean and set up for the family.

http://www.rammount.com/products/tough-claw/wizardB

Shelby Lowery

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Has anyone considered mounting a micro power pole at each corner in the rear? I know we are over the weight for just 1 but add another and it should work right?

Kahuna Khris

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Has anyone considered mounting a micro power pole at each corner in the rear? I know we are over the weight for just 1 but add another and it should work right?
Sounds good but I dont think the physics work like that. Have to remember we are not supporting a load, we are securing a large mass against a lateral load (wind and current). The limiting factor is the strength of the pole against the lateral load and the distance the load is from the securing point on the bottom of the lake, river etc. That is why the company doesnt say 1 pole for boats between x and y weight and 2 poles for boats between 2x and 2y etc. Having said that I'm sure they factor a liberal fudge factor on the weight limit.

Billy Marlin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I would really like to get the new talon 15ft and that mount underneath is what I figured would have to be added. Don't think the lack of speed would bother me since I usually only run the sucker at 20-25mph to keep from having to fill it with gas ever trip...lol

Heading back down to St.Marks in a month and possibly working on moving to Tallahassee. If that happens going to need to get me a bigger boat so I can run off shore more often and not worry about having enough fuel on a weekend trip with just a 30 gallon tank.

Rick Bohler

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

billycr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thinking of using this setup on my 195 fsh. How is it working for you so far.

Rick Bohler

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thinking of using this setup on my 195 fsh. How is it working for you so far.
Thanks for asking, The bracket bent not long after install. I had to reinforce the bracket by extending it and beefing up the side angles. Now it's solid as a rock.