• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone out there with a 2017 212X ?

Liquid Therapy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm planning some audio upgrades for my 212 Limited S because the stock Polk head-unit is severely under powered and I can't hear a damn thing from the captains chair when underway, even with the volume cranked to near max. It's a shame too, because the stock speakers are crisp and clear at low volumes. I think (hope) the problem is that they just aren't getting nearly enough juice and that an amp will solve all my problems.

Anyway, my plan is to do this in phases with the first being to amplify the stock Polk speakers and see if that satisfies my ears. Just curious about the amp/sub/soundbar setup and wiring in the 212X, and if I can somehow mimic the amp setup and wiring since I believe the Polk head-unit itself is the same between the two models. Anyone know what make/model amp Yamaha is putting in the new 212X and/or how many channels it is and how many watts per channel it puts out? Or better yet, anyone with a 212X who could snap some photos of the setup behind the dash?