• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone play acoustic guitar?

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Make sure you keep that Taylor in a case and humidified in the winter - dry air will wreak havoc on a solid spruce top.
Thank you! This website strikes again... shopping for a Taylor hard case and D'Addario Humidipaks to keep the humidification up.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Make sure you keep that Taylor in a case and humidified in the winter - dry air will wreak havoc on a solid spruce top.
Thanks @Lurch i scored a hard case (from Taylor) that came in a giant box from Amazon. Wife was all like “what did you buy?!”

I also picked up the D'Addario humidity packets and dropped the hanging bag across the d &g strings and into the sound hole. Other single back behind the top of the neck behind the tuning pegs.

I think it’s actually helped to hold tuning a little better and swear it sounds better. Thank you again for the advice!

Lurch

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
YW! You reminded me to get my brood humidified. That pack in the head/neck area is important too, I had a fretboard shrink and take lacquer off the fret-ends.

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a few i have a couple fender first gen acoustics (tele and strat) that I use for boating and some tenor Ukes but my favorite is a lanaki bari 4 string uke... my new fave is a 2022 fender usa custom shop teleacoustic electric... i also have a Gibson USA SG standard with a Townsley stainless all roller setup with a bigsby whammy... full-size Epiphone 200... for amps I run a pair of VOX AC100CPH all tube heads into a Vox BN412 cab and VOX tone lab stomp petal with a Dunlop wah wah. for practice I have a fender acoustic 40W dual 6.5" with reverb on both channels... its small and light and doubles as a monitor...

attachment - 2022-10-03T230149.301.jpgattachment - 2022-10-03T230208.011.jpgattachment - 2022-10-03T230215.465.jpgattachment - 2022-10-03T230223.302.jpgattachment - 2022-10-03T230246.147.jpg

roxcntrum

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Your acoustic guitar journey sounds awesome! Congrats on the Taylor 213 ce. It's a fantastic guitar choice! Learning through Fender Play and YouTube is the way to go! Marty Music and Rick Beato are top-notch resources for sure.
I've been on a similar path, and those online resources are a game-changer. Marty Music and Rick Beato are absolute legends when it comes to guitar lessons. You're in good hands with them!
Also, I stumbled upon some happy birthday chords recently. I thought it would be a fun way to play for family and friends on special occasions. Can't wait to surprise them with a personalized serenade!

Last edited:

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've played for 40+ years. Mainly acoustic. Have a Martin D28 that is from the late 80s. Played in bands over the years but not much in the past 15+ years. Got back with a garage band and started playing electric. Have Strat and Tele. Got my chops back somewhat and have learned some new stuff. Chords and fingering no problem. It took me months to get used to playing with a pick again.