• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone use copart?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Was looking for some parts for a vehicle and I came across a bunch of Yamaha Boats as well as Jetski's. Here is an example.

The bid says $9,200 but it is actually $2,600 which you see if you are signed up and a member (I am a member). Just a bit of gelcoat and she is good as new ;)
But honestly, would be good for engine and other items and trailer if you needed it.

Alot of boats and ski's on there that could be used for parts.

Just a thought.

Holy Moly that boat had a rough life

WOW... that would be worth the venture just to part it out. Granted theres some work involved there but you can't beat the insurance company salvage buy out.

@jjmparsons Get yourself a 50 gallon drum of fiberglass and alot of gelcoat, and Keg you get a cheap new boat. ;)

I considered buy a busted waverunner from copper once but after speaking with a friend who owns a used car dealership and watching a lot of videos on you tube of new cop art users I’m glad I did not. The fees vary quite a bit depending on how you pay and if you are a dealer or not. If you are not a dealer they will set you up with one for $400. Their “reserve” policies are iffy at best and the reserve amount can be changed after the auction opens but before it ends. Some have complained that the reserve price changed or was added after the auction was over. If the vehicle needs a trailer but doesn’t come with one copart must put it on your trailer which increases the price a few hundred dollars. Also inspections are limited to in person and what you can see. You can pop the hood but not do a compression check. There are a lot of stories about copart selling Tesla’s missing motors and / or batteries, Vettes coming with truck parts installed, etc. the waverunner I was looking at had it’s engine removed and sitting next to the hull. Auction high bid was $700 but if I got it at that price my minimum cost after fees was closer to $1,700.

copper purchases can be diamonds in the rough or they may just be rough. I’m not experienced enough to navigate the traps myself butIf I wanted to buy something from copart o would ask my car dealer friend to Comment and work the transaction for me.

Back