• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

anyone use the port cap area as an ice chest?

adamsrotors

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
what’s stopping me from laying a case a beer cans down in here and tossing some ice over it? wouldn’t be a big deal, would it?

image.jpg

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It's probably not going to keep ice for long on a hot day, but not a terrible idea.

Pro Build

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
It will melt super fast. A lot of heat comes up from below that area.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Considering it's over the exhaust it likely won't hold ice for long. That compartment also floods with water when you come off plane because of the drain hose not having a check valve.

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Considering it's over the exhaust it likely won't hold ice for long. That compartment also floods with water when you come off plane because of the drain hose not having a check valve.
Do you know where this hose is located? I presume a valve can be easily installed?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
There are pics of the hose somewhere on here but basically if you lift the tray you'll see it runs to the underside of the swim deck right by the transom area. If there is room under the tray a small check valve like used on ballast systems would work. You can see the drain fitting in the tray and then look underneath the swim deck in the same area and you'll see the other fitting.

Edit here is quick crude edit please excuse lol...

36EBC35B-19D8-4F82-9A69-548CB68B24B9.jpeg

Last edited:

adamsrotors

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
got creative and folded up an old sun deflector I never use for the truck. should work great. testing out this weekend...fits perfectly side to side.

866CEEB3-0E3A-4DB0-95EB-42C55B43656D.jpeg

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I would think you wouldn't want to crack one of those cans open right away...The amount of shaking up would be an explosive beer!

After second thought...yea, that sounds like a great idea...Crack that beer can open what could go wrong 😂

BrandonG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've used the ski locker to store drinks and ice for 8 people, worked out great for the day and was a decent amount of ballast for wakeboarding