• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone use this floating mat $299

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Costco has this 17’ x 6’ floating mat for $299. Seems like a decent price compared to others I have seen. Has mostly favorable reviews with some complaining of durability.

Anyone have one (or similar)? Trying to be convinced to buy (or not). 89FE65C8-46B4-4D93-BC12-D2D2D1182973.jpeg

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you plan to take it on your boat, it will take up a considerable amount of space. The good thing is that Costco has a good return policy. There are some alternative versions of floating mats - an inflatable version is available if you do a search.

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It's still made by aqua lilly which is the leader in the those pads. I've seen cheaper brands start to deliminate (not all but a few). That price isn't too bad. I posted a video on where/how you can secure while out on the lake as an option. If we're doing water sports, I do run it back to the truck and put it in the bed. I am looking at adding a strap through the center just as a precaution. Plus, AJack is right, the return policy is awesome. I returned a 3 person tube 3 years after I bought it and got a new one.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
These things are cool, but I got tired of mine real quick after I bought it. They are a pain to roll back up when out on the water. Also, they get in the way if wanting to do watersports because the best place to stow them is across the bottom section of the swim deck. We had a freak out moment last summer when someone jumped off our boat on to ours and it shifted the mat in the water very quickly and went on top of my 3 year old son who swimming in a life jacket. We are good about keeping eye on him, but only takes a second for a small child to be pushed under one of these. Anyways, other than that they are fun!

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We started with a obrien lilypad but I agree it got in the way and took too much space. In addition rolling it up wasn't the funnest of activities. We ended up getting a cheap ($149) Airhead gangplank which is inflatable. Love it! When you are done just let the air out and fold it up. Plus we have friends that have one too and you can zip them together if you want.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I vouch for all the negative aspects mentioned by MattFX4, and it is still the best water toy for my kids we have ever bought. Sets up instantly! and take about 1 minute to roll with 2 adults. I've had ours for 3 season, and it has been a blast for them. I hate how bulky it is, but they have such a good time with it I just bear it with a grin. Mine was 360 on sale from Sun and Ski. I prefer it to the inflatable that takes some time to inflate and some time to deflate too. This thing has been solid.

Try the one from costco, worst case take it back. It is bulky!!! It is a pain to carry if you are towing. One or the other.

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bought two of these from Sams club a year or so ago. EAC9F26E-6DAB-4A06-917B-ACAF5F605E85.jpeg

They are great from use on the boat.

I am looking for something to use at my dock, not for boat use. That way I don’t have to inflate and deflate all the time. So storage isn’t a big issue.

Seems like those who have them here don’t have many complaints about quality so far.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
My WOW is still in the box and its pretty heavy. I didnt want to get it out of the box cause then I would have to find a place to store it. I dont have young kids.

JimmyB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We picked up one from Costco 2 seasons ago. No issues with quality so far. It does take up a lot of room on the boat but our kids and our 70+ lb dog really like it. She has put a couple claw marks in it but nothing major. I would recommend it.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We have 1 of those. Bought it 2 seasons ago at Costco’s.
Yes it’s bulky. But everyone absolutely loves it.

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I went ahead and purchased one. Since it will be used off our dock I’m not worried about the space/storage issues. Thanks for the feedback. I’ll post some pics when it arrives.

KevJul2019

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Once you get to your spot, how does one attach the floating mat to the boat? I just bought a West Marine one but it keeps hitting the back of my boat when kids are playing on it.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
give it more rope? set it downwind? that's what I do.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I keep it tied up to my rear cleats - giving it about 12’-15’ clearance.
So what if it hits the boat - it’s not gonna scratch it. And whoever is sitting back there can kick it off.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We rent a house for 1 week on Lake Winnie with another family every summer.
We keep it tied to the dock for the entire week. The kids love lounging out on it. And all our kids are college students.
Everyone loves it.