• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone using Starlink at home?

SantaFeTrailer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cancel service any time, but 30 day window to return the equipment.

Any contracts associated with Starlink? Was talking with a friend that does remote work and was considering buying a camper for the summer months. He has fiber at home, but wants to travel and needs a reliable signal. Sat makes perfect sense for him, but he doesn't want to spend $100/mo for the 4-6mo a year he's not using it.

SantaFeTrailer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Probably a good point, although it doesn't appear that the Russians are able to take out the Ukrainians' Starlinks.

In times of civil unrest, they're gonna get shut right down. If there was any sort of large scale "stuff going tonshit", communications infrastructure would be target 1, and is easily shut down.

bufaton

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got mine about 6-8 months back. Have a 150ft cord ran from my home to the middle of my side field - like a cloths line. I get about 90 down and 20 up pretty constantly. No fiber in my area yet so total game changer for us - I work from home. No issues or outages since installing. I added an Orbi mesh system for better coverage and for wifi6. Well worth the investment (both starlink and the mesh system).

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Probably a good point, although it doesn't appear that the Russians are able to take out the Ukrainians' Starlinks.
Why on earth would they do that? Way easier to spread propaganda and/or divide people when you can use the internet...