• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

apologies if this has been asked - Power supply for upgraded stereo

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Glad someone else could chime in on stuff I didn't really know! So any recommendations on the whole solar charger thing? 1000 watt charger is insane.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Glad someone else could chime in on stuff I didn't really know! So any recommendations on the whole solar charger thing? 1000 watt charger is insane.
I would limit the charge rate to 10% of the battery's capacity so 10 amps / 120 watts for a group 31, 7.5 amps / 90 watts for a group 27 or 5 amps / 60 watts for a group 24. If you have multiple batteries you can multiply that charge rate times the number of batteries you will be using.

The only places you could install any volume of solar panels would be on top of the or a custom Bimini or on a bow cover.

Doing so would make an excellent battery charger but is not going to meet the real time load of the desired sound system.