• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Apple AirPlay on Boat $22

Russ C

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is a great little device to add Apple AirPlay to your boat.

http://www.sabrent.com/category/audio/WF-RADU/

I prefer AirPlay over Bluetooth because it uses loss-less compression (better quality), we can also have multiple devices connected at the same time.

Device
Connect to Boat Wifi
Choose AirPlay to Boat
Working
I have pictures of how I hid everthing under my dash if anyone is interested.

Very cool! Do you have any experience on how power usage at your phone compares between Bluetooth and AirPlay? What about range?

I have not noticed a difference in power usage, however my understanding is running the WiFi for AirPlay does take a little more power vs the Bluetooth radio. Range however is definitely better with the AirPlay. Bluetooth is about 30-40 feet Airplay is 100 to 150 if I was to guess, some of this is going to depend on where you mount your device.

If I connect to the AirPlay wifi network can I still stream music from Pandora or something like that?

Yes, the first time you connect to the WiFi network you enter your IP and Subnet mask in the Static tab and from then on your good. I use Spotify for music, video of the simple process attached.

Is the Sabrent AirPlay the AP for your Boat WiFi?

Will it also participate in an existing wireless network?

Yes the Sabrent is the AP it is the WiFi Network on the boat (there are no other networking devices), I changed name from Sabrent to Boat, the Sabrent will also interface with existing WiFi networks.

I can see buying several of these. Thanks for sharing!

I actually went back and got two more for the cars, hint newegg is the cheapest I found with free shipping code.

Very interesting...it sounds like it wouldn't be too difficult to wire to the radio behind the dash and avoid exposed wires altogether. Sounds like a near future purchase.

This is compatible with Android devices as well.

What is the input on the stereo? Aux?

What is the input on the stereo? Aux?

Yes, it connects to the aux input. You most likely need a 1/8th stereo to dual RCA adapter.

I was thinking about it for the bus, not the boat.

@Russ C how did you power this unit? I don't believe my stock radio has a USB of any sort. Is there an adapter or did you splice it somehow?

Thanks. It must have been a looooong winter. I completely forgot that I charged my phone from my cig lighter USB plug in thingy!

nice. what brand usb/cig lighter module is that?

It is a cheap one from Walmart it says Bell on it but who knows. The key is I wanted an on/off switch on it

I suggest using something like this $2.79 DC Converter Module 12V To 5V 3A 15W USB Output Power Adapter mounted inside the helm for power. You can wire it to the stereo switch so that is only on when the stereo is on.

$_57.JPG

Back