• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AquaTraction Installed

FSH Resonders

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Aloha @FSH Resonders beautiful install and beautiful Yammy. Did AquaTraction already have templates for ur boat or did u do all the measurements? U said they were cheaper and better then MarineMat and Seadek, well as per ur testing correct?🤙🏽

Aqua Traction did not at the time have templates, I had the Boat scanned by Southern Tide Customs, here in Florida, So they should have the templates.

The total for scan, Cut Mats Shipping and installation was under $2K, So the answer is yes.

I am not bashing Marine Mat - closed-cell EVA foam (The OEM Mats ) nor SeaDek closed-cell PE/EVA foam (Which is local to me), I just found that the cross-linked PE Based Foam from Aqua Traction Held up better for my needs than the others.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Grassman how long did your Seadek last? And where are you located?

Grassman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Some less than a year. I took delivery of the boat last May. Located in Foley AL

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Aqua Traction did not at the time have templates, I had the Boat scanned by Southern Tide Customs, here in Florida, So they should have the templates.

The total for scan, Cut Mats Shipping and installation was under $2K, So the answer is yes.

I am not bashing Marine Mat - closed-cell EVA foam (The OEM Mats ) nor SeaDek closed-cell PE/EVA foam (Which is local to me), I just found that the cross-linked PE Based Foam from Aqua Traction Held up better for my needs than the others.
Shucks no templates and Boat scanning in Kauai, Hawaii forget it lol🤣. We r kind of off the grid here when it comes to that kind of stuff. Is there another way of doing it without being dependent on my measurements. I would definitely want something very durable, especially in our climate and conditions here.🤙🏽

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Looks great... my SeaDek arrived today so guess I'm trying that for now. Had I known of this sooner, might have gone a different direction.

FSH Resonders

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Shucks no templates and Boat scanning in Kauai, Hawaii forget it lol🤣. We r kind of off the grid here when it comes to that kind of stuff. Is there another way of doing it without being dependent on my measurements. I would definitely want something very durable, especially in our climate and conditions here.🤙🏽
Try contacting aquatraction, they should have my templates on file.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I am a retired Firefight and Boat captain, I will not recommend any one brand, but I will advise of what I carry on my boats less than 26 feet with mounted extinguishers and the reasons.

Coast Guard Required: 1 each B-1 (Disclaimer It is important that you understand that federal equipment requirements are minimum requirements and do not guarantee the safety of your vessel or its passengers . A B-1 fire extinguisher (equal 2 lbs of dry chemical or 1 1/4 gallons Foam or 4 Lbs of Carbon Dioxide.) - This Fire extinguisher is only good for petroleum fires. Most of the ones you buy are dry chemical rated at 5-B.C and make a mess, but they do their job very well. FYI - the fire access port under the leaning post is not compatible with a dry chemical fire extinguisher. (Cost $17-$30)

In addition to the Coast Guard Required, I have mounted just above the fire access port (See the pictures) a Halotron extinguisher (Class B and C Fires) - Halotron or Carbon Dioxide work by suffocating the fire by removing the Oxygen component of the fire and do not leave a residue. (Cost $78-$200)

While both of the fire extinguishers above do great on Class B and C fires, they will be ineffective in cooling fiberglass or similar materials that have cumbusted. So I carry a AR-AFFF Foam Fire Extinguisher which is good for Class A and B fires, This could also just be a 2A10BC fire extinguisher. (Cost $33-$300)

I am often asked, why so many extinguishers on a 21 foot boat (and usually by the Coast Guard), First I fish 25 miles offshore a lot, A fire boat or other boat is at least a half hour form helping me. Second a well placed and adequate fire extinguisher, can suppress a fire in the early phase of growth. And I would rather be standing on my boat waiting for rescue, then swimming in the water hoping for a rescue. And Yes I carry both a EPIRB on the Boat and a PLB on my vest.
1.6 million dollar turbine boat no insurance they don’t insure boats with 3000hp turbines.
7CFA7A96-8DE6-44EB-9F5A-3F467DBFD16B.png

wahoowah

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
How's the aquatraction holding up so far after a few months? Had the occasion to clean fish blood off it yet?

FSH Resonders

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The mats are holding up extremely well, easy to clean and takes a beating. Have had the boat offshore for about 75 hours since installation, a little simple green during post washing and they still look brand new.