• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR 210 vs 195s

shackle101

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello all,

So I'm in the market to get a new Yamaha. I'm debating on going the more budget-friendly route of the AR210 or 195s/AR195.

Would the 195s give me better or less performance for water sports with a crew of 6+ people? I saw the 210 in person, but not the 195. Would the 195 sit eight people conformably? Can the TR-1s be modified safely for better performance? I'm trying to avoid that price jump to 1.8L.

I'm coming from a 2008 23-foot Tahoe deck boat with inboard. It didn't handle well at slow speeds. Are the new Yamahas pretty decent with the factory rudder, or should I plan to upgrade? Docking is always a stressful event for me. I was considering upgrading to the Drive system just because of that. Should I be worried about the low-speed performance?

jetboatjay

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Welcome @shackle101

Lots to unwrap here, but I will try to answer a few of your questions. This forum will provide you with many different opinions.

1. the AR210 is a better watersports boat. The AR195 can do everything the 210 can, but it does take a bit more work/upgrades.
2. Our AR195 fits 10 comfortably....as long as 4 are on tubes tied to the back!
3. Regardless of Yamaha length, you need to buy the Thrust Vector from @JetBoatPilot .com. It will help, provide confidence, and make your boat better.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello all,

So I'm in the market to get a new Yamaha. I'm debating on going the more budget-friendly route of the AR210 or 195s/AR195.

Would the 195s give me better or less performance for water sports with a crew of 6+ people? I saw the 210 in person, but not the 195. Would the 195 sit eight people conformably? Can the TR-1s be modified safely for better performance? I'm trying to avoid that price jump to 1.8L.

I'm coming from a 2008 23-foot Tahoe deck boat with inboard. It didn't handle well at slow speeds. Are the new Yamahas pretty decent with the factory rudder, or should I plan to upgrade? Docking is always a stressful event for me. I was considering upgrading to the Drive system just because of that. Should I be worried about the low-speed performance?
I have an AR210. It is a great boat. We usually go out with between 4-9 people total. We do a lot of watersports on it and also fish. It handles the the larger bodies of water well. Depends on where your budget is. its price point the AR210 is a nice boat. Plenty of room. I can put 3 in the tube and have 6 onboard and have no problem pulling the tube.

As far as low/no wake handling and enhanced steering at speed I would recommend Cobra Jet Steering Systems. Cobra Jet Steering - Yamaha Steering and other products It is what I use and they are fantastic at all speeds.

shackle101

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lol thanks. So stay away from the 195 if I'm running 6-8 people, basically? Are the 1.8s alot more powerful than the TR1s or would going with the cheaper option still leave me happy with a full boat? Another option is the ar250 which they have in stock, but that's 10k more. I feel like I'd get the best performance from the 21 footer though. I'm trying to gauge this by decent capacity and towing performance per price.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If they have an ar250 in stock and you can afford it go get that. Best of both worlds. Haven't seen one in stock anywhere and people are still waiting on theirs to come in from orders for a long time.

shackle101

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If they have an ar250 in stock and you can afford it go get that. Best of both worlds. Haven't seen one in stock anywhere and people are still waiting on theirs to come in from orders for a long time.
Yeah, honestly ideally I want to keep it at the 50k range, but I could go into the 60s maybe if it's going to be a night and day difference. It's actually about $15,000 more, and what I'm going to order will be a 2023 rather than 2022, I believe.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Don't get me wrong, the AR210 is a great boat for the price. If you get the AR250 you will enjoy it. If I was going to choose again right now I would do the AR250. Also if you plan on putting a deposit down with a dealer, it could be anywhere from a couple months to Year before you boat comes in. The sooner the better.

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Besides size, I think the big difference between a 210 and 195 is traction in watersports. Having two pumps provides more pull in the low end and turning. Though the 195 has a higher topspeed I believe. Of course 2 engines is more maintenance, but 2 engines is nice to get you back home if there is an issue.

If you get a 250 you will need a towing capacity greater than a majority of crossovers, if that matters to you.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Besides size, I think the big difference between a 210 and 195 is traction in watersports. Having two pumps provides more pull in the low end and turning. Though the 195 has a higher topspeed I believe. Of course 2 engines is more maintenance, but 2 engines is nice to get you back home if there is an issue.

If you get a 250 you will need a towing capacity greater than a majority of crossovers, if that matters to you.
Excellent points on the low end with the twin engines for watersports and the trailering requirement.

shackle101

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Thanks! Yeah, it seems the 195's might not be the best for my needs. My previous boat was around 5k lbs and I can tow up to 12k, so no worries there. I just wonder if the 250 performance wise would be worth the 15+ k more. I have a feeling down the road I might be like "damn, I should of forked over a bit more". What about resale value? I feel like going up to the 25 might rule out buyers who can't pull it. Also, they told me they can get my order by late August, if I order this week. We are about 4-5 hours away from Tennessee.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Resale right now is MSRP for current models and more Used. For older boats it is typically over what they bought it for new. All the COVID issues. No way to determine what the future holds. I can get $10,000 more than the price that I paid in 2020 right now, weird times.

Also, take what the dealer is saying with a grain of salt. Search the forums here and you will see the same story over and over again. TBH I wouldn't count on a new one for many, many months. There are still 100's if not more people who got screwed on their 2022's and now are in line for 2023's. You never can tell a couple few have gotten lucky but read through all the threads here on 2022 Models and Orders. Pretty much can state that any boats that are coming for the most part, and they haven't even announced the pricing or colors, etc. (1st or 2nd week of August), have already been spoken for and a lot of people are waiting for them already.

Last edited:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@shackle101 I was just scanning around Looks like the 2022 AR250's are going in the low $70k's give or take + tax. Remember the prices you see on Yamaha's website right now are not what the dealer needs to sell it to you for. They will put in Prep, Doc Fees', and Delivery Fees. Some put more in than others.

Example

shackle101

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Unfortunately, I just found out they sold the 250 today 😭 So I'll have to order something. He says late August is still the date they are looking at they got in 210 today as well (already sold). Either way, my deposit is refundable, and I was accepting the fact I may not see one until next season.

Last edited:

shackle101

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think size-wise, the 210 will work for me, but I'm just concerned about the TR1's not having enough power. I'm more concerned about torque than the top-end speed. My biggest complaint with my deckboat is it had a 220 HP MPI Mercruiser, and when I had like 6-8 people you could really feel it. This 210 is about 1,000+ lbs lighter, though.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have no problem getting up and getting on plane in the 210 loaded up. Last trip out had 8, no issues what so ever. If you want more engine go to a 212.

shackle101

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also, does anyone know the exact HP of the TR1 for 2022? I hear different numbers everywhere. 110hp, 120hp, 135hp...

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

shackle101

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah, my only gripe about the 212 is you lose the bench seat. I feel like you lose one extra person being about to sit because of that. I really wished they had a 212 AR.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks! Yeah, it seems the 195's might not be the best for my needs. My previous boat was around 5k lbs and I can tow up to 12k, so no worries there. I just wonder if the 250 performance wise would be worth the 15+ k more. I have a feeling down the road I might be like "damn, I should of forked over a bit more". What about resale value? I feel like going up to the 25 might rule out buyers who can't pull it. Also, they told me they can get my order by late August, if I order this week. We are about 4-5 hours away from Tennessee.
i have the 195s and love it…wake is cleaner for surfing because of the single engine….but - I don’t like taking more onboard than 7adults. It feels full and a bit cramped at that capacity with gear and all. Also with a full boat the single engine has to work hard for water sports. If I had a bigger garage I would def go 210.

based on your comments - I advise the 21ft twin engine. The 1.8 is a fantastic motor.