• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR 210 vs 195s

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yeah, my only gripe about the 212 is you lose the bench seat. I feel like you lose one extra person being about to sit because of that. I really wished they had a 212 AR.
We have the second captains chair and like it - you might lose seating for a small child but that’s about it. Just be sure you get a model with tower if your into watersports + adds extra storage, accessory mounting and looks cooler 😎

shackle101

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When I looked at the 210 today, it was a nice little chunk of space lost in that area. For the 210, two adults could sit there fine, I believe. Yeah, the wake tower is a MUST! :)

jetboatjay

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I think size-wise, the 210 will work for me, but I'm just concerned about the TR1's not having enough power. I'm more concerned about torque than the top-end speed. My biggest complaint with my deckboat is it had a 220 HP MPI Mercruiser, and when I had like 6-8 people you could really feel it. This 210 is about 1,000+ lbs lighter, though.
Just weighting in here in support of all AR195 owners.....(ok, really just me) Last week I had 5 kids between the ages of 12 and 17, a spotter, and myself in the boat while we surfed for 3-4 hours a day. Plenty of room, plenty of horsepower to get even the spotter up on a board, (male, 260 lbs) and while it was a "busy boat" it wasn't as cramped as you might expect. The downside: a $200 tank of gas lasted about 5 hours total. The engine was working hard with that many people and the slower speeds needed to surf.

Just giving you some perspective as you make your decision.

Epsmith19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
Hello all,

So I'm in the market to get a new Yamaha. I'm debating on going the more budget-friendly route of the AR210 or 195s/AR195.

Would the 195s give me better or less performance for water sports with a crew of 6+ people? I saw the 210 in person, but not the 195. Would the 195 sit eight people conformably? Can the TR-1s be modified safely for better performance? I'm trying to avoid that price jump to 1.8L.

I'm coming from a 2008 23-foot Tahoe deck boat with inboard. It didn't handle well at slow speeds. Are the new Yamahas pretty decent with the factory rudder, or should I plan to upgrade? Docking is always a stressful event for me. I was considering upgrading to the Drive system just because of that. Should I be worried about the low-speed performance?
No one on this forum will ever tell you to get the cheaper,smaller option. I say buy what your budget allows and have fun with it

Last edited:

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
No one on this forum will ever tell you to get the cheaper,smaller option. I say buy what your budget allows and have fun with it
I would if it fits needs. I love my 195 but I never have more than 5 people on board. Usually 2 or 4, if you plan on having 6+ people each outing than a 19 foot boat probably isn't the best idea

BrandonG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would say it should all come down to the average of people you'll have going out with you at one time and how big they are. I had 8 people on my AR195 this past Sunday and it was "busy" like everyone mentioned. We mainly will wakeboard up a river until everyone is wore out and then float back down and I've noticed the boat operates in conversation zones. One on the bow, with the filler cushions in the girls like to lay in the sun and talk girl stuff. The main area is another conversation and then the swim platform is another conversation zone. Everyone just kind of intermingles in between convo's. So yes 8 people is alot but for just hanging out its totally fine because people spread out inbetween the zones.

In addition to the 8 people I also have a triple bank of batteries in addition to another 100lbs of subwoofers and we were wakeboarding just fine. Although the decrease in pitch of the impeller I installed is the reason why it works well . Going wide open with all that the speedo says it'll get up to 34-36 depending if the bimini is out .

Smiley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I’ll chime in. With our 195s 8 people is a full boat and max capacity. Typically it is just the 4 of us, maybe 2 additional. When we do have 8 it is usually 4 adults and 4 kids of 12 and under. If/when our kids are older we will want a bigger boat, but right now our little 195 is great. The boys wakeboard and ski, no surfing yet.

I do not run any additional fins and have learned to drive the boat at low speeds. I can see where it would help, but I have just gotten used to it and don’t have a desire to add them at this time. I also barely clear my driveway entering and exiting with only between a 1/2” and a 1/4” between the articulating keel and the concrete. It’s steep.

For you, the 210 sounds like a better fit since you want to take a larger crew. As my boys grow, we will likely be in the market for a bigger boat and if things stay the way they are right now, I have no concerns for resale. Was at the marina last week eyeballing a new Nautique and the sales guy offered me $10k over what I paid for our little boat on the spot.

DirtHokie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Never been on a 195, but my AR210 works well for tubing.....this is my first jet boat, previous boat was a 19ft I/O with a 120hp 4 banger.
The old I/O boat despite its reduced hp would maintain speed in corners better then the new jet boat. Everything else the AR210 is better.
Among our boat friends, we have the best water sports boat, they have cuddy fishing boats, or pontoon boats. So its pretty normal for all the "kids"
tp pile on my boat to go tubbing while the rest of the crew hangs out at the beach spot. The boat has no issues with 6 big kids and one or tow on a tube. It also handles 8 adults and a couple of coolers for general cruising just fine.

meaningreen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Both are great boats, I had the same concerns and went with the 210 as I didn't want to regret not getting the bigger boat when I had the chance.