• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

AR 230 clean out port help

BikerPilot74

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The sleeve that the clean out plug fits into has some corrosion on it. Can I use deglazing Hone to clean them?

Attachments

• 72056663351__3E445761-5855-41C7-81FC-54EB9E7EEBE1.jpeg
    72056663351__3E445761-5855-41C7-81FC-54EB9E7EEBE1.jpeg
    469 KB · Views: 21
You can try spraying it with furniture polish and sanding it with wet and dry sand paper the wax in the polish should keep the aluminum from sticking to and clogging the wet and dry sand paper so you can clean it up, then coat it with either dielectric grease or bees wax to keep it from getting all grungy also if you do not have EZ locks on your plugs you really should. Cobra EZ-Locks

Thank you! So… would I mess them up if I use the cylinder home?

I think you would do better as I suggested. Sand it by hand and only to clean it up

Excellent! Thank you!!! I do have the EZ locks. I’ll try that tomorrow.

Ok once you clean the surface and use some bees wax you can buy a toilet base gasket Wax ring to obtain bees wax ,over the decades I have found it is great for use in boats as it resists water and has no solvents, protects dissimilar metals from corroding as well. The other thing I mentioned is dielectric grease . If you don't have any bees wax available to you.

The sleeve that the clean out plug fits into has some corrosion on it. Can I use deglazing Hone to clean them?

that actually looks in pretty good condition compared to some we see,

If it was mine I'd go very lightly on the clean up,

Back