• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR Wake Tower - Cable removal to change fold height??

danclemo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Quick question. Has anyone removed the "stop" cables to see how much lower wake tower will fold before hitting windshield. I was looking at it at the dealer and looks like you could lower another 4-6 inches if so. Curious because I have an issue with garage height. If I could get wake tower a little lower I could make it work. Looks simple to unhook cable and just lower by hand. Thoughts!

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I believe somebody posted on this this summer.. they were able to drop below windshield...

danclemo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You guys are awesome! I searched, but not good enough I guess...lol. That makes my day. Looking like I may be moving towards a AR195 in the next few weeks. Assuming the tower is the same on the 195 vs 192, with as slow as Yamaha is to update anything I'm guessing it should be the same. Thanks again!!!!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Tower is the same on 2016 192 and 2017 195. Glad you found the vid. GL on your boat hunting!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What is your garage header height?

danclemo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's at about 83 1/2 inches. Guess if it's really tight, I could lower air a bit in tires. Thinking it will fit. Thanks for all the input, very helpful

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It's at about 83 1/2 inches. Guess if it's really tight, I could lower air a bit in tires. Thinking it will fit. Thanks for all the input, very helpful
At that height you should be fine without having to deflate tires.

danclemo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did this cable mod and my boat fits perfectly into the garage (normal garage height). You can still use the original cable, you just need to add a "Coupling Nut" to extend the length of the cable. I now have it so the Wake Tower stops about 1/4 inch from touching the steering wheel. I forgot to take picture with the actual Yamaha washer, so just put this together for picture. Hope it helps, works great and cost me about $2 and 15 minutes of time.wake tower adjusment.JPG

danclemo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh, I did add Jam Nuts on both sides also so it won't come loose once adjusted. Also, make sure cable os very firm on both sides once you lay wake tower down, this is so weight of tower is evenly distributed to each side.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice! I was going to do a similar extension when I got off my ass to crawl in there to measure.

danclemo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's a bit of trial a error getting there, just have to keep crawling in there until you get final stop height you need. It is nice having the built in stop.

I wonder how many sales Yamaha has lost because people don't know this? I was seriously buying a different boat because I thought this couldn't fit in my garage, then I seen you post. You should be getting some commission from Yamaha...lol.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Lol I hear ya. To be fair though Yamaha doesn't make the tower but they could contact the manufacturer and let them know to use a longer threaded section to allow it to sit lower but oh well. That's what makes this forum great is we find and make our own improvements to their shortcomings.

CQQL

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
what is the tread size of the coupler? Thank you

danclemo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It was 1/4-20 I believe. when final adjustment just make cables on both sides have equal tension so wieght is equal distributed.

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Could have warned me about how many times I would end up with a fiberglass splinter under my fingernails..... yyyooouucchh...but tower is down and she's in the garage for winter IMG_0701.JPGIMG_0702.JPG

danclemo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
LOL, that's about how mine looks in the garage. I had fiberglass splinters on my forearms for a week...haha

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Got my stainless hardware in for the cable extension. This time I'll be wearing long sleeves haha. My arms were shredded the first time I crawled in there to remove the washers. Never again! :D

Attachments

CQQL

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for you help. Now I can put back my stock wheels on trailer.

Attachments

danclemo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Definitely makes it nice fitting in normal size garage. Now I can work on and add accessories all winter long...LOL.