• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR190 battery life with radio

Southernerd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Went out on the ICW for our maiden voyage and man did my batteries die quick. About an hour parked at a sand bar listening to the radio and I could barely get the boat started. About how long are folks getting on single batter setup? Is about 45 minutes max?

FX195

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If your battery died after 45 mins of use on stock radio, battery must be bad. I would play my radio for up 3 hrs, never had any issues. Original battery last 3 seasons.

viper15

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm still running the original battery (only a single battery) on my 2017 AR195 (going on it's 5th summer). We've parked for hours at a sandbar with the stock radio running with no issues. I did have the battery fully die on me once. But that's because I left the main disconnect switch left on for a couple weeks when the boat was parked in the driveway. But with just using a booster pack we got the boat started at the ramp and the engine gave enough charge to make things happy for the day. The battery went on the charger when we got back home and things are back to normal for the past few weeks. I have no intentions of going to a dual battery setup. And I'll probably still be running the same original battery for the remainder of this year, and next.

AuburnVFR

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As others have said, stock-ish radio should not be an issue parking and listening for hours if not all day. You may want to put it on a charger and make sure it has a full charge before your next outing before replacing.

I carry a small jump pack. It’s cheap insurance, just in case. It’s easier and simpler than a second battery set up.

NOCO Boost Plus GB40 1000 Amp 12-Volt UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starter Box

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeap, bad battery.

I've run my AR190 with the stock head unit and 200W Wetsounds Soundbar for as long as 8hrs on 75% volume and not had an issue starting the engine.

I carry a charged jump pack with me just in case though.

johhnyboat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

pete4180

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I didn't have much luck with stock battery, 1st year it was good, 2nd season it started getting low quickly. For 3rd season I always had jumper box fully charged ready to go. For the fourth season I got a new battery :) Season 5 no problems

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Deep cycle batteries are the only way to go, there's no reason for a starting battery on a Yamaha.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
No issues here with the stock "Yamaha" marine starting batteries I have so far. I have the stock Fusion and a JL Audio MX500/4 which we've had playing for hours and no issues with battery levels. Granted I have dual batteries, but the House battery only drops about 40% at 20-30% volume for hours. I'll eventually change to deep cycle batteries once these start to show wear in a few years. I use a Noco charger to keep the batteries topped up during the week and for winter storage - keeping them topped up with a good charger helps them last longer.

If you have a single battery, I suggest you get a GB20 or 40 jump pack to start your engine if you run low. They're not expensive and they work great. I keep a GB40 on the boat for the summer and in the vehicle for the winter just in case. Never needed it for myself, but I've started a couple of others' cars and they like how no jumper cables are needed. Fires up a V8 car or truck no problem.

SantaFeTrailer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
FYI, these go on sale on Black Friday on Amazon.

As others have said, stock-ish radio should not be an issue parking and listening for hours if not all day. You may want to put it on a charger and make sure it has a full charge before your next outing before replacing.

I carry a small jump pack. It’s cheap insurance, just in case. It’s easier and simpler than a second battery set up.

NOCO Boost Plus GB40 1000 Amp 12-Volt UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starter Box

Yaniel guerra

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm still running the original battery (only a single battery) on my 2017 AR195 (going on it's 5th summer). We've parked for hours at a sandbar with the stock radio running with no issues. I did have the battery fully die on me once. But that's because I left the main disconnect switch left on for a couple weeks when the boat was parked in the driveway. But with just using a booster pack we got the boat started at the ramp and the engine gave enough charge to make things happy for the day. The battery went on the charger when we got back home and things are back to normal for the past few weeks. I have no intentions of going to a dual battery setup. And I'll probably still be running the same original battery for the remainder of this year, and next.
Hello, I have 2017 sx190, on October 2020 my original battery dead, I bought new staring battery but only use for 45 minutes and get low voltage signal, now I install new switch for two battery one staring and one deep cicle.
Can you help me to know what is the original battery coming from factory in your boat. Is you can send me all specs or pictures I really appreciate.

YANIEL.

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
The factory does not install batteries, they are sold and installed by the selling dealer. I believe they usually install a group 24 marine (hybrid) starting battery. Hybrid means it can be used for starting or deep cycle load.

Dual battery setup is worth it for convenience and piece of mind.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The factory does not install batteries, they are sold and installed by the selling dealer. I believe they usually install a group 24 marine (hybrid) starting battery. Hybrid means it can be used for starting or deep cycle load.

Agreed. I have a Group 24 Dual Purpose in my boat. Installed by the dealer. Still running strong when I put it away at the end of it's 5th season.

I went with a Li-Ion jump pack instead of the second battery. Similar safety net IMO.

Yaniel guerra

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Thanks you, for answer Marcham.

Thanks you for answer 2kwik4u, can you say me the cca and reserve capacity have your dual propose battery.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks you, for answer Marcham.

Thanks you for answer 2kwik4u, can you say me the cca and reserve capacity have your dual propose battery.
Remind me tonight when I'm near a PC. I have a picture somewhere.

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow that's a problem. I have the 2017 SX190 and I'm still using the OEM battery. Plus I installed the Dual Battery System from Blue Seas and I have a portable battery back up for both of them too. Below is a link to a video install of the Dual Battery System and maybe your questions about the batteries and the set up can be found there. Good Luck!

Yaniel guerra

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow that's a problem. I have the 2017 SX190 and I'm still using the OEM battery. Plus I installed the Dual Battery System from Blue Seas and I have a portable battery back up for both of them too. Below is a link to a video install of the Dual Battery System and maybe your questions about the batteries and the set up can be found there. Good Luck!

Thank you Hawaiian Breeze, I am one of your subscribers in your channel of youtuve, I have seen all your videos and I have made some of your additions, I have the glass holders for bar holders, the addition of the spare tires in the trailer, and now I'm in the double battery, but I had the doubt which battery was installed with the purchase of the boat.

Something that I recommend and you will see an incredible change is this part, it is like driving another boat, and it is not the part of the right rudder, the most surprising change in how wave surfing improves.

Attachments