• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ar190 - see voltage, hours, gas, without starting?

Rufusthedog

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi, might be a silly question but as far as I can tell the multifunction rpm gauge doesn't let you toggle through engine hours or voltage unless I start the boat.

Can someone confirm, or am I missing something?

2017 ar190.

Thanks, -Joe

Last edited:

Wr3ckdiver

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have had the same issue, took me awhile to find engine hours and the display is really small. Don't know about the AR190 but the SX190 is that way

Rufusthedog

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So what I've been doing is starting the engine (as per the manual you can start it and then stop it within 5 seconds). After the engine shuts down you have about 30 seconds to fiddle with the display and cycle through engine hours/etc.

I was just hoping there was a quick way to have a look at engine hours without actuality having to start the boat.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
All you have to do is bump the starter (not fully start the engine) and the display will stay on for a few seconds to check things.

Rufusthedog

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ah, nice that works thank you. I guess I would mark this one solved.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No problem, happy to help. I do wish there was a way to turn it on but bumping is the only way to do it without cranking the engine. It would be nice if the timer were longer too but the few times I've actually had to check something in the gauge it's not that big of a deal in the long run.

Daniel 2018 AR190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wonder if my 2018 is different because when I press the T or the M, I still don't see the engine hours. Is there something else I have to do? Hit 3 times, hold down one or the other, etc?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wonder if my 2018 is different because when I press the T or the M, I still don't see the engine hours. Is there something else I have to do? Hit 3 times, hold down one or the other, etc?
Keep hitting one or the other until it says "more (T&M)", then hold BOTH buttons down until it changes to a secondary set of info. You can then proceed with the t or m single pushes until you find what you want (or in my case discover it's not available).

kyboater0503

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is there a way to reset the "fuel consumption" each time you fill up the tank?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have not found a way to reset it yet. Haven't consulted the manual either though.

Also, If you're just bumping the starter in the driveway, or at the gas station, or wherever, to check the fuel level. Run the blower for a minute or two first. Gas fumes can and will settle in the bilge, and while our engines are EFI with mostly non-sparking solid state controllers. Sure would hate to hear of someone kersploding their boat in the driveway just to check the hours/fuel level.

MBrown

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes, when I have G Used on the bottom of my tach, I select it with the left button so that it is now highlighted, and then press and hold the right button until it clears to 0.0 G Used.

Bryon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, when I have G Used on the bottom of my tach, I select it with the left button so that it is now highlighted, and then press and hold the right button until it clears to 0.0 G Used.
Thank you!!! I reset mine once by accident, so I knew it could be done. I just couldn't figure out how to do it again.

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thanks this is helpful. I used this procedure today to reset the erroneous max speed reading that came from the factory.