• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR192 Speed Sensor

travalab

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
My speedo stopped working the second time out. It stays at 0mph until we are at full speed then jumps to ~30mph. I found the paddle wheel under the boat. It does not seem to be spinning freely, I am assuming this is the culprit. My question is, how do I go about cleaning it? I only had a chance to look at it briefly before putting the boat away for the week, but I didn't see anything externally wrapped around it or anything. Is there a way to remove it to clean, or is there a trick I need to know?
Thanks!

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I noticed my speedo wasn't working the last few times out, I also found my paddle wheel hard to turn, I imagine some sand probably got up in there. I haven't been in too much of a hurry to get it back running because I can get the GPS speed in the digital readout, but it would be nice to see that big needle on the left of the dash doing something :confused:

travalab

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
If you decide to tackle cleaning it out, let me know how it goes. I won't be back to my boat until Saturday and any input would help. Thanks!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
It's a very common problem, usually there are tiny string like pieces of weeds wrapped around the pin that the wheel spins on causing friction, take a very close look I doubt it is sand. your wheel should have clearance on both sided

travalab

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I got under it and looked at it the best I could but couldn't see anything on the wheel or the pin. I turns a half turn smoothly then binds up. I am sure there is something in there but I can't see it. I might have to bring to to a dealer and have them look at it. I was going to try to remove it to clean, but after messing with the safety wire, I decided I was in over my head.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I noticed my speedo wasn't working the last few times out, I also found my paddle wheel hard to turn, I imagine some sand probably got up in there. I haven't been in too much of a hurry to get it back running because I can get the GPS speed in the digital readout, but it would be nice to see that big needle on the left of the dash doing something :confused:
Do the Ar's have GPS digital speedometer from the factory or is that something you added? I have been thinking about adding a GPS speedometer for better accuracy while towing.

travalab

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
there is a digital readout on the gauge but to be honest I'm it sure if it's gps, it seems to mirror the analog gauge which stays at 0mph until we are at full throttle and then the needle bounces around between 20-25-30 mph

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Nothing I added, I believe it's part of the 192 upgrades. I haven't looked into it too much, since I'm never really concerned with how fast I'm going. I generally just find a comfy cruise speed and set the cruise control.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just ordered a replacement paddlewheel for my 190. The speedo works on and off. The original dealer sent me an email telling me it was cheaper to change the wheel then the whole transducer assembly.

Andy
"Found that Yamaha only sells it as a assembly, did a little digging and found the paddle wheel is a Airmar # 33-113 available online for next to nothing."

Jim Tammen
Patsy's Bay Marina

I ordered from explosive motorsports
Airmar 33-113 Paddle Wheel For: B44 Style Bronze Thru-hull Tri - 33-113
33113 Quantity (1) $23.48 USD

Here's a link to my repair.
https://jetboaters.net/threads/ar190-speedometer-paddle-wheel-replacemnt.6342/

Last edited:
Top Bottom