• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR210 vs 195S

H20Thrust

Reaction score
Boat Make
Bayliner
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Trying to decide between a 21 AR210 and new 195S. 195S has some nicer components, is new and is faster. AR210 is a good bit bigger.

Anyone have any experience with both? Anything else I should be taking into consideration with these two boats?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What type of water do you plan to boat on? How many people do you think you will have typically on board? How do you plan on using the boat usually?

H20Thrust

Reaction score
Boat Make
Bayliner
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It's a mixed bag. Usually 50/50 cruising and water sports. None of us are professional wake boarders. We might like to add ballast at some point to wake sure though.

We rarely have 8 people on the boa tbut might like to if we had the option.

As for water, inland lakes in Ohio. But most ofthem are pretty small around here. We go to Lake Cumberland once or twice a year and the bigger boat might be nice there though, but we've navigated there with a 19 foot boat in the past without issue.

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I debated the same when purchasing out AR210...
Looked at them side by side at the dealership and the additional beam width and length was worth going with the bigger boat. Many years later I would have regretted going with a smaller boat.
Obviously there are other things to consider like where you plan on storing it between trips to the lake and if you have the room for it, etc. Also, are the things in the 195S that you see as nicer components upgradeable down the road on the AR210? Stereo, flooring, etc. are all pretty easy upgrades...

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's a mixed bag. Usually 50/50 cruising and water sports. None of us are professional wake boarders. We might like to add ballast at some point to wake sure though.

We rarely have 8 people on the boa tbut might like to if we had the option.

As for water, inland lakes in Ohio. But most ofthem are pretty small around here. We go to Lake Cumberland once or twice a year and the bigger boat might be nice there though, but we've navigated there with a 19 foot boat in the past without issue.
You can't upgrade room in a boat, without getting a new boat. Everything else can be upgraded. The 195 goes faster, but I can hit 43 in my AR210, and most of the time we are going much slower than that depending on conditions. I have had 10 on mine, which is full up on some family vacations or when the kids bring 3 friends each. Its nice. Plus the 21' handles big water better. Of course the 25' does better than that. We go in the local lakes and rivers, the great lakes and have been in the Ocean once so far.

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My 2 cents. My bud has a 2017 210 and me the 2017 190. The 210 will be my next boat but at the time of the purchase my needs were to get a boat that I could handle across all facets of owning a boat. You have to consider everything practical first: Storing it, Trailering it, Fueling it, Launching, Retrieving and Maintaining it. Then you have to consider everything fun: What size body of water, cruise or anchor, ski-wake or lounge, large group all the time or small group. Biggest diff I notice between my 19 and his 21 is the openness of the inhabitable space and storage. 5 Adults with gear on my 19 and it starts to feel like a phone booth. 4 is just right. On his we have plenty for 6+.

Good Luck.

H20Thrust

Reaction score
Boat Make
Bayliner
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Great comments guys. Can’t upgrade the room on a boat…..
To be honest, I was sure I was getting the 195 until I came to this thread. Now I’m even more confused lol.

We had a 19 foot cuddy cabin. Biggest reason for boat “upgrade” Was the lack of space. But I thought just having an open bow would be enough.

Now I’m starting to wonder…

Very often we have four adults and 3-4 kids. They barely fit on the 19’ cuddy. Would certainly be better on the 195, but I’m thinking we might just actually NEED a 21’ boat….

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you are talking 4 adults and 3-4 kids. Get at least 21' or 25' wherever you budget is.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Don’t forget your tow vehicle capabilities and storage options (unless you have a dock).

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If you are talking 4 adults and 3-4 kids. Get at least 21' or 25' wherever you budget is.
Would it be safe to say, that with 2 adults, the 195 may be faster. But with 4-6, the twin engine 210 would handle that load better? That's my experience anyway.

Our previous boat was a 20ft with 240hp jet. It handled a full load of 8 folks, but you knew you had a load on. My buddies 210 with twins, seems to handle a full load much better. My 242 is not a good comparison. But other than the 190 series, it seems that Yamaha matched the power of the boat to the max load to perform adequately for all and not be a disappointment.

That being said, I will agree with the others, you cannot expand space and hull size.

meaningreen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Go as big as your budget and tow vehicle will allow. I was in the same debate, and I'm glad I went 210. I would have already sold the 195 and upgraded after the first year. We typically are 2-3 adults and 3-4 kids. Buy your second boat first and you'll keep it longer.

H20Thrust

Reaction score
Boat Make
Bayliner
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have a Ram 1500 as my daily driver/ tow vehicle. I made the mistake of picking my last boat based on a tow vehicle constraint. Didn't want to do that again this time.

After a TON of research and scrutiny, we decided you guys were right that we couldn't upgrade the size of the boat and we're going with the 210. It's 2 years old insteadof brand new, but it only has 30 hours and the surveyor listed the condition as "new or like new". So we're pretty happy about that.

I don't love that it has the smaller touch screen, but at least the marine mat in the cockpit and the stereo is somthing I can upgrade (and plan to). I'll post some pictures as soon as the deal closes. Thank you all for the advice. It really weighed heavily in my decision making!