• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR240 Tower shake fix

All Seas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone else's 240 tower shake ridiculously??????

It's at the point where any wave and it looks and sounds like its going to rattle off. Mounts seem ok (no fiberglass cracks) but the black gaskets are cracked and sliding out from under the tower. Will replacing these fix the tower movement? Am I better off buying oem replacements or maybe a 1/2" rubber gasket and cut my own.

I should have bought an SX and put a monster tower on it!

jlknip

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine does the same. Haven’t found a solution yet....

All Seas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I swapped the gaskets out and really did not make much of a change

I was thinking of filled the tower with a heavy 2 part epoxy foam. It will add some weight but a few manufactures make an expanding foam that cures in low moisture/air and turns hard as concrete.

That HAS to stiffen it up unless it's flexing from the mounting points

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had a monster tower on my old boat , and it shook worse !! I’m going to replace all my gaskets cause mine are doing what yours are , and tightening up everything ,

All Seas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The other thing I thought of was some large foam to cover the side support bar that runs next to the glass windshield section. If the foam is thick enough to brace between the tower and the window frame, It should stop some of the side to side movement but am worried it can crack the glass.

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Noticed the same on mine, but no loss in performance or towing a skier... I have to assume our AR240 '10-14 models have made the trips to Bimini without issue, so for me I'm ok seeing it rattle at WOT as long as there are no cracks forming in the fiberglass.