• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Are jet ski's a relatively new thing?

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Surprisingly the answer is no. Below is a video showing jet ski's from 1956. Even @Cobra Jet Steering LLC stand up riding isn't new, at the 1:25 mark they are showing how it is done.

Hahaha....I can barely ride the one I got. This explains where @JROD gets the term water scooter though ;)

They cheated, they held on to a rope, and they did not stand on top of the seat!
And that flag definitely poses a serious impalement danger if they accidently fly over the handlebars.

Last edited:
The one in the dark green.....

a742bd83f60d7a53ecff1d53aa826daf2634b3a3b9943e5a027b692ffb0592c3.jpg

I don't think I would be able to keep my legs bent like that for more than a minute or two

I won't say a damn thing to that one other than maybe that was why they used girls to demo those death traps.

Those were the days! Now 'we' are a bunch of spoiled, over sensitive, lawsuit wielding, warning sticker needing bunch of rubes.

Uhhhhh!
Those girls were kinda hot.
I wish today's girls wore heels to the lake.

I like the "safety" feature if you fall off, don't worry, the rudder automatically turns so the scooter will turn right back around and run your ass over:-)

Wow, I'm not sure I would want to leave in tomorrow's conditions. That could be a very nasty ride back.
Sorry I posted on the wrong thread but your right, I wouldn't chance it It might ruin my thirst for going every year.... I hope they have a window of opportunity that brings everyone home safe

Hahaha....I can barely ride the one I got. This explains where @JROD gets the term water scooter though ;)
Dude, like my 59 Ford Ranchero tag reads "May be old but I still get hot!" ;-) I made that term up after I got hit twice on my road scooters/AKA motorcycles landing on hard pavement and loosing some skin. Being a baseball player and fan in my youth decide that I would not go for the 3rd strike that may have cancelled all my Christmas! So I had an epiphamy that perhaps if the same or similar thing happened on water the impact would be a whole lot more refreshing and softer. So I went on to my 1st stand up water scooter, a 1989 Kawasaki 550 stand up that was very similar to riding a log, the rest is history! ;-)

Those were the days! Now 'we' are a bunch of spoiled, over sensitive, lawsuit wielding, warning sticker needing bunch of rubes.

You gotta admit that lawn darts were a bad idea....

Lawn darts were great! A true test of speed and agility. If you failed those tests then you got to work on toughness and resilience!!

I have a nice puncture wound on my chest from a nice muddy lawn dart. I think I went on to finish and win the game too.

Back