• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

ATL boat show wake booster.

GoVols01

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Still no demo videos of this being used on a 212X model. Very difficult to justify spending that kind of coin without know how/if it'll improve the surf wake. :(

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It was super easy to take off, I loosened spin knob and pressed button to let then pin loose.

I had it off in 20sec having never seen thing before. I didnt ask pricing just asked if it was going sold as home show special included in x series.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It was super easy to take off, I loosened spin knob and pressed button to let then pin loose.

I had it off in 20sec having never seen thing before. I didnt ask pricing just asked if it was going sold as home show special included in x series.
Of course, but that is different than mounting /dismounting from the swim deck with a big bag in your way. For example, I can mount the wedge in my garage in seconds. If I try to do this on the river... can be different story.

just saying.

--

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I want to see what the wake booster, plus wake wedge, plus the new jbp wake fins all together do. Other than slow you down perhaps!
Someone with money go play!
Bagless? Just a center ballast?
Just brainstorming

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I want to see what the wake booster, plus wake wedge, plus the new jbp wake fins all together do. Other than slow you down perhaps!
Someone with money go play!
Bagless? Just a center ballast?
Just brainstorming
The Yamaha Booster and the Gatlin wedge use the same attachment point, U-bolt tie down.
The Mainah booster may be amanable to play with this.

IanBondFleming

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just picked up my Wakeboaster from the dealer this week. It’s lighter than I thought it would be. Looks like it will be easy to install and remove. The Slingshot board looks nicer than the pics and vids I’ve seen. Can’t wait for it to warm up enough to try it out!!

Attachments

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just picked up my Wakeboaster from the dealer this week. It’s lighter than I thought it would be. Looks like it will be easy to install and remove. The Slingshot board looks nicer than the pics and vids I’ve seen. Can’t wait for it to warm up enough to try it out!!
When purchasing the package did you have a choice between the 5'0" board or the 5'3"? Which did you end up with?

I've got both sizes in inventory I am anxious to try and compare the 2.

IanBondFleming

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
When purchasing the package did you have a choice between the 5'0" board or the 5'3"? Which did you end up with?

I've got both sizes in inventory I am anxious to try and compare the 2.
I was not offered a choice and ended up with the 5’ 3” version.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I was not offered a choice and ended up with the 5’ 3” version.
Yeah my understanding is the only Wake Booster package options is the 24' vs 21' package. The board size is 5'3" for all packages.

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm looking into the Wake Booster Package..the Dealer said it shouldn't be a problem getting it. I must be doing something wrong, cause I'm ready to ditch both wake wedges..they are very difficult to install in the water and I don't notice any difference in wake or surf ride. I had to modify (grind and file both ends to get them to fit in the lifting eye...any insight would be helpful.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm looking into the Wake Booster Package..the Dealer said it shouldn't be a problem getting it. I must be doing something wrong, cause I'm ready to ditch both wake wedges..they are very difficult to install in the water and I don't notice any difference in wake or surf ride. I had to modify (grind and file both ends to get them to fit in the lifting eye...any insight would be helpful.
The answer to making the wake wedge work is having enough ballast. I didn't have enough last season and was only able to get a decent wake when I had enough people on board. Without the added weight the results were almost better without it. But, when weighed with enough people or the transom ballast bag it made all the difference.

If you've got the extra ballast and still seeing poor results, try decreasing the angle of the wedge. It really doesn't need to do a whole lot more than skim the surface. It may surprise you how little of an angle it needs.

You're right though, if you're having to install it in the water, it would be cumbersome.

Last edited:

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I hear ya on the Wake Wedge. I have one and it it a Pain to install and remove...especially if there's any wave action on the lake. The whole idea you can leave the thing on above surfing speeds is new to me. I also haven't any good videos on the proper adjustment so I'm not sure it's adjusted correctly.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I hear ya on the Wake Wedge. I have one and it it a Pain to install and remove...especially if there's any wave action on the lake. The whole idea you can leave the thing on above surfing speeds is new to me. I also haven't any good videos on the proper adjustment so I'm not sure it's adjusted correctly.
We definitely leave it on, just crank it up all the way. I’ve left it like that for days at the time while at the lake. The angle needed is surprisingly small, it only takes few turns of the turnbuckle.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@InmyElement and @Matt Phillips. I have looked into the wedge and I do belive @jcyamaharider has videos posted on how to get the correct angle. Regardless I am sure that @jcyamaharider will help any of his customers via one on one communication if needed.

For those who already have a wedge I don’t know that I would try something different until you truly get it dialed in. For those still deciding I think it will be a few more months before we have enough real world dialed in comparisons to know just how well the booster works in comparison. Ballast on the swim deck is going to be key for a more sizable wave on our boats no matter what else is done IMO.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yep just shoot me a pm or email.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Did you tighten the tie down loop nuts as per the instructions, also how much ballast are you using?

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'll take a look at it when I get the boat out of storage in another month or so. I do notice that the wedge has some play in it and will definitely check.