• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Awesome RESALE Value!

16'FSHSport

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes, I said it! I said it out load. The Yamaha FSH has awesome resale value. All you have to do is try and shop for a used one. When you find one it doesn't stick around long. In general boats actually have good resale value.......depending on brand and motor...........ummmm when the economy is good. When it's bad......the market gets flooded and prices drop.

I looked for several years for a CC as I already have a 1959 26' Chris Craft and wanted something smaller. During this period I looked at many used boats as well. Some of those same boats sat on the market, and I mean in this economy for 1 maybe even 2 years before being sold. I am talking many different brands. I would see them over and over. Some hold their values better than others but a lot sit. What we did notice is that Yamahas sell. Sure they take a hit right off new as it's hard to compete with new when you are used but they have strong values and sell. Heck I looked at 3 used FSH's over the past year and passed as the value wasn't there to buy used. I felt that new was a better deal......especially with a 5 year warranty on the one I bought. One of the best things about Yamaha is that you can sell it yourself and in a month or two. Don't believe me look at the resale value of a Scarab or Sea Doo.......and I am talking Sea Doo resale before they stoped making boats. The main reasons are that Yamaha has the largest market share under 24', offers value, and reliability for the most part. (If you think you have issues hit the Scarab boards/I debated the Scarab Open)

As for trade in values......this is tricky but doesn't represent overall brand/model resale values. What one dealer can sell another can't. My local dealers could not keep the FSH in stock while in another state just north of me they couldn't sell them at all...........mainly because it's not a bass boat. Dealers look at 2 different numbers for the most part. Condition and desirability. Then they still usually low ball you as they want to make money on your trade and your purchase........as they should because both require work and have risk. Your trade is also worth more to a dealer who sells your brand. This is a very important factor when it comes to boats!

What is awesome about Yamaha is you don't need to trade it. It will sell! At least in the midwest! How many of you looked for a used one before you bought new? If I could have found one for 20-22 I might have jumped but all the ones I found were in the high 20's with few after market bling!

Last and most importantly there is NOTHING like the FSH out there. I have never been on a boat that offers the flexibility of the FSH. Oh it has strengths and weaknesses, but have you ever fished off a ski boat? Have you ever swam off a fishing boat? While I won't pull a wake boarder like a Nautique nor will I hit the open seas like a Boston Whaler I don't want to as we want to do it all and the FSH fits the bill perfectly. It will also fit the bill perfectly in the used market as the category didn't exist until Yamaha invented it! In the future there will be plenty of people who want a used boat like this but can't buy new!

Last edited:

Tonkatoy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I thought I'd wake up an old thread here...
So how have resale values been?
I saw a $2k rebate for the 190 FSH. Thats a bummer for resale.

DrGamecock

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’m probably not going to look into selling until a 24’ FSH comes out...guess I’ll worry about it then.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It took 3 months to finally get 20k for mine last December. It just got listed again for the same. I paid 23k for it because I thought it was a smoking good deal. Resale is trash imo. Which is a shame, by far my favorite boat I ever owned.

Thompsbren

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Resale for us Canadians should be better after July 1st when the tariffs bump the price of new boats by at least $4000.

Tonkatoy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
$20k huh? Wow.

It all depends on the local market too.
Guess I'll just stay a happy owner.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Local market had some affect probably, only national advertising I had I guess was on this forum - which is the same place I bought it from - out of Texas. So, I'm not so sure.